Thread: Nektar on YouTube live -- Cleopatra

Nektar on YouTube live -- Cleopatra

From the video info:

Buy Now! A special deluxe reissue of the 1977 album from Prog masters Nektar, featuring a young Brooke Shields as cover model, available on both CD & vinyl!

Bonus tracks feature alternate mixes including one with King Crimson guitarist Robert Fripp PLUS a full audio disc of a never-before-heard recording of the band's 1977 show in New York!

---Sounds interesting----

RTF -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg0qyOGAcAI

A somewhat deceptive thread heading, as this is purely an AUDIO release advertised thru You-tube, it's NOT a video... that said, I'm extremely pleased to see some LIVE 1977 Nektar available at last.
    The RTF excerpt is from the 1977 Hofstra show featuring Mo Moore, Ron Howden, Taff Freeman and Larry Fast with Dave Nelson playing his ass off and singing up front, as he did throughout 1977. The 77 rendition of Recycled is on You-tube too.
    Due to a sell out, we did TWO shows at Hofstra University that night, this bonus CD was our first show.
    Here's another track... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIO-YHfAghw... and I REALLY wish I had a video of that night to go with my light show audio... 'nuff said!
    Last edited by Mick; 01-25-2014 at 07:18 PM.

It's nice that these recordings are getting out there. Mick, are the performers on this disc slated to receive some of the reward for their labors?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I was there that night...Really Great Show! Got upgraded seats(first or second row) because of the soundboard. Dave was on fire that night-one of the best performances I've ever seen from a band.

Looks like other tracks are being posted.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Just listening to RTF now. Is that the right speed? They're playing incredibly fast.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It's nice that these recordings are getting out there. Mick, are the performers on this disc slated to receive some of the reward for their labors?
    Cleopatra should know by now that anything from MiaC, other than "Listen" (which, although played at Hofstra, was excluded from this live CD) has no connection to Roye whatsoever...
    how they handle it is yet to be seen.

Ron wrote: Is that the right speed? They're playing incredibly fast.
    Yes, that IS the speed we played those pieces live Ron... I have the original cassettes (and their transfers to CDs) from 1977.
    Ron made a copy of it about 15 years ago.. and that was the basis of this release... thru Ron Howden to Cleopatra.
    I approved the choice after the fact... even tho' I'd originally intended it to become a lightshow tape once the $64K question just posed by Casey was resolved.
    Last edited by Mick; 01-27-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: additional facts.

That show is one of the best to me, even without Roye

Amazing high energy playing, just fantastic

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I was at that show in 77' not sure if I'm recalling correctly but I believe I saw them at the playhouse in 76' as well with Roye still in the band.