Thread: AAJ Goes Digital Magazine!

AAJ Goes Digital Magazine!

Check out All About Jazz's new quarterly digital magazine! Wow! Too cool!

Read about it here...

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Wow! Too cool!
    You left out 'Awesome!' and 'Like!' and 'Share!'

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    You left out 'Awesome!' and 'Like!' and 'Share!'
    Hey, I can only include a couple of raves....more would have been over the top

But seriously (and I say this as I had absolutely nothing to do with it), this new idea of a quarterly PDF magazine of the best from the last three months online at AAJ is, I think, a really good idea, as there are a lot of people who don't have time to visit the site regularly and weed through the massive amount of content. This will give them, once a quarter, a nice chunky (100+ pages) magazine they can read online or download as a PDF to their tablet, and catch up on some of the better material. I think it will grow AAJ's readership even further as a result, and that ain't a bad thing. Without the cost/page restriction that limits hardcopy periodicals like Downbeat, Jazztimes and Jazzwise - good as they all are - it also means that, unlike the digital editions of those mags, AAJ's will still allow for longer form writing, meaning that more extensive interviews will be possible.

Being online has always been founder/publisher Michael Ricci's objective; while the others are hardcopy mags making themselves available in the digital realm, they're still based on hardcopy editions. AAJ's magazine includes a full page with 17 free, complete download tracks - Ricci's cream of the crop from the site's Daily Download. What other jazz periodical provides you with that?

Yeah, I'm biased, but though I've stepped down as Managing Editor, as a writer I'm as committed to the site as I ever was, and I think you'll be seeing some very exciting new things rolling out this year from AAJ and its sister site, Jazz Near You.

Best!
    John