Thread: "Sweet Embrace:" A Previously-Unknown Bee Gees Song or an Imitation? A Ruse?

WeatherWiseCDC

"Sweet Embrace:" A Previously-Unknown Bee Gees Song or an Imitation? A Ruse?

This track was brought up over at the Steve Hoffman Forums earlier today; I feel it is a peculiar-enough topic for me to bring the discussion here as well. This might not belong in this particular section, but this is the most popular part of the forum and I feel it is important to bring this to the attention of as many readers as possible.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...s-song.340641/

Last week, a YouTube user named "Hirini Nguyen" uploaded a song to his/her channel a video called "Sweet Embrace - Unknown Artist" featuring a song in the style of the Bee Gees. What makes this so peculiar is that the "unknown artist" claim and the vocalist's uncanny resemblance to Barry Gibb has made many listeners wonder if it truly is a lost Bee Gees track. The song seems to be derived from "How Deep Is Your Love" with a similar composition.

Joseph Brennan, Lead Email Systems Engineer at Columbia University's IT department, has a database at Columbia University's website dedicated to listing the chronology of "Gibb Songs." This song, allegedly titled "Sweet Embrace," is not listed.

http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/beegees/

Barry Gibb, to me, doesn't exactly sound like Barry Gibb. In fact, he appears to be singing gibberish at times as well; the rest of it is masked in a strange slur.

Some have speculated that the song was recorded by imitators. Some have also noted that the label depicted in the YouTube video might be fake. It's a very peculiar topic. One would have to wonder where this track originated from.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

The video is a week old as of now (uploaded January 10, 2014). So far, the video had 1,900 views. In ways, I feel it's fake and that the uploader is being deceptive with the "unknown artist" label; in others, I'm tempted to think there's more to it. Feel free to contribute to the discussion.
    Last edited by WeatherWiseCDC; 01-20-2014 at 11:43 AM.

The label illustrated is an obvious fake; it is clearly an altered version of this label:

Beegee.jpg