Thread: Ads with real artists and real music

Ads with real artists and real music

Love this one. And spot a couple of famous musical dudes amongst the public.

I love how bizarre this is...

30 second's worth of a Reverend Horton Heat song

There was an Old Spice ad awhile back that had Bruce Campbell singing Hungry Like The Wolf. Just him singing and playing piano, a sort of a lounge rendition. I thought that was pretty cool.

The Hewlett Packard ad showing the kids learning to play Smoke On The Water, before explaining that Fender uses "HP technology" to "put musical instruments in the hands of children" was pretty cool too. You have to listen carefully to be able to tell that the kids (each of whom are shown playing a single chord, or bass note) are playing the song, but it absolutely captures what learning to play guitar is like.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Love this one. And spot a couple of famous musical dudes amongst the public.
    They should've released the lions as soon as Britney started singing.

Gosh, how much money has Brian May made off that song?! Not that he doesn't deserve any and all good fortune that comes his way.

Nothing could be worse than those Michael Bolton Honda commercials. I won't even post any of them because I care about all of you too much.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Nothing could be worse than those Michael Bolton Honda commercials.
    I was watching those ALL through the holiday season, wondering if that was a real "entertainer" or some actor. After a while I used Google to find out who the hell is was. Couldn't believe it was the demon Bolton. Damn, he aged quickly. Love how the women in the ads are supposed to be jazzed by him.

^ could you pretend to be jazzed by him for the right amount of money and 1 day of work?