Thread: DAAU New Release - Eight Definitions

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

DAAU New Release - Eight Definitions

So I'm trawling Wayside's New Arrivals page today as I do every day and I'm surprised to see a new release from DAAU posted. Autobuy for me but does anyone know anything about this one?

http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...374963527.aspx

Avant chamber-rock with R.I.O. type leanings and modern production touches and values. Very good stuff from a band who has been doing it their own way for nearly 20 years!

"Four years after their fairly subdued ‘The Shepherd’s Dream’ album, Die Anarchistische Abendunterhaltung, commonly known as DAAU, are finally ready to launch a new recording. ‘Eight Definitions’ is the seventh album by the Antwerp based band in twenty years.

Since their last record, DAAU’s line-up has gone through some changes again. Cellist and founding member Simon Lenski has left the familiar nest in order to move to Berlin. Not only did his departure affect the group’s musical dynamics, inevitably it also changed their sound.

Currently DAAU consists of Han Stubbe (clarinet), Roel Van Camp (accordeon) and Hannes d’Hoine (double bass), but in concert the trio will be supplemented by drummer Steven Cassiers (a member of Dez Mona and Dans Dans), who was also actively involved with the recording of ‘Eight Definitions’.

Cellist Simon and violin player Buni Lenski, who quit after ‘Domestic Wildlife’, both guest on the new album. Buni’s contributions can even be heard on five out of the seven tracks. “DAAU remains like a family to us”, Stubbe says. “Hence the Lenski brothers are likely to play on our future recordings, and they will continue sharing the stage with us whenever they have the time to do so.”

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Fits in well with my love for chamber prog like Aranis, Salle Gaveau, Jules Verne, and 3 Mice, all of whom create more exciting music than DAAU, but there's a place for everything.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG
    Fits in well with my love for chamber prog like Aranis, Salle Gaveau, Jules Verne, and 3 Mice, all of whom create more exciting music than DAAU, but there's a place for everything.
    I haven't heard the new one yet, but I'd take, say, "Tub Gurnard Goodness" over everything Aranis have done. But you're right, there's a place for everything