Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trevor Rabin improved Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I do wonder though who came up with the opening keyboard and resulting theme of "Changes", since Trevor's demo just began with the intro verse.
    I've heard Alan White say it was him that did the piano/marimba thing in 17/8 and I wouldn't be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I've heard Alan White say it was him that did the piano/marimba thing in 17/8 and I wouldn't be surprised
    Ahhh, that may well be it. Rings a bell, in fact. Or a marimba. Do you think Alan was mad about the Kit Kat commercial?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm sorry, but who is Trevor Rabin or is it Ravin ?
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Progressive View Post
    I'm sorry, but who is Trevor Rabin or is it Ravin ?
    Some South African teennybopper pop star.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Ahhh, that may well be it. Rings a bell, in fact. Or a marimba. Do you think Alan was mad about the Kit Kat commercial?
    Alan possibly played it on his malletKAT.

it would have been interesting to see the 'Drama' line up do a follow up album. but Trevor Rabin brought some energy & a heavier guitar sound to Yes. it was something that seem to fit in well in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    I would have put it that Trevor Rabin saved Yes, not improved. Without the 80s version of Yes, I don't think we would have seen them reform in the mid 90s to give us Keys to Ascension and then carry on from there like they have. And I don't think Yes fans give Rabin enough credit for helping keep Yes alive.

But I could be wrong...
    Well maybe. This would sort of be like saying Marillion(or even Asia in some weird way) saved prog in the eighties. Whether that's true or not(for either one)they did bridge the gap between the old and the new. Without that bridge there would be a 20 year gap or so but that's all. It doesn't mean genres or bands can't return from them.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)