Thread: New Project: Bodies Floating Ashore

New Project: Bodies Floating Ashore

I hope this is of some interest, as this new band features members of miRthkon, MoeTar and Secret Chiefs 3 (i.e. me).

I present to you: Bodies Floating Ashore

Stream and buy the debut album at: http://bodiesfloatingashore.bandcamp.com

Unlike my other projects which tend to be filed under post-rock or avant or jazz or metal, this stuff may appeal to a larger audience around here fond of classic rock and early prog forms.

Thank you for listening,

- Matt

Thanks for this, Matt. I'm a big fan of the SC3, and all the spinoffs.
    These are great songs. It says: Composing, playing, singing, recording, mixing by Matt Lebofsky
    Are we to take it this is a solo project?
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Attentive! Thx for posting this.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    It says: Composing, playing, singing, recording, mixing by Matt Lebofsky
    Are we to take it this is a solo project?
    Pretty much, yes. That's me playing everything on the album. If and when I get around to playing this live there will be a full band. Probably the same people who backed my shows back when my alternate solo ego was under the name "Midline Errors." That band name grew stale over the years, nobody cared, and plus googling for that name brought forth all kinds of horrific images of real Midline Errors... so how about "Bodies Floating Ashore?"

Thanks again for listening!

By the way if you want more dark/metal/avant/experiment/weird things the solo stuff under my actual name may fit the bill: http://mattlebofsky.bandcamp.com

- Matt

Cool. Um, how come you don't list Job under your bands, :P
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Matt - I connect more with your Matt Lebofsky material than the Bodies Floating Ashore project. Both top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Cool. Um, how come you don't list Job under your bands, :P
    Ha! Nobody knows about Job (or should I say: very few people know about Job). Even though I really was proud of that band back when it was active. That said, there is a full album of really great material that me and Jai Young have been sitting on for... over 10 years! I keep wanting to make a Job bandcamp site to put up our full catalog and this missing album and be done with it, but, you know, inertia and stuff.

- Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    Ha! Nobody knows about Job (or should I say: very few people know about Job). Even though I really was proud of that band back when it was active. That said, there is a full album of really great material that me and Jai Young have been sitting on for... over 10 years! I keep wanting to make a Job bandcamp site to put up our full catalog and this missing album and be done with it, but, you know, inertia and stuff.

- Matt
    Mark Schifferli and I were co-workers at Chiron back in the Job days and I visited the rehearsal space frequently. We may have even met back then.

Getting a Job bandcamp would be cool.