Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jon sings "Awaken" w/orchestra in Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I was hoping JA and Transatlantic might team up for a short tour. Heaven knows he'd have the musical chops behind him to play anything he wanted them to, and he'd have a lot of backing vocal support, too.

Ah, well.
    This is really the best, most workable option, I'd think. If the members of Transatlantic could clear their schedules for a couple months, this could be a pretty cool event.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

This is outstanding!

when I saw this some time ago I thought well this is what Jon should be doing---touring with this group doing Yes---it's pretty obvious---but like most things with JA--went right over his head---he has the attention span of a hummingbird.

don't think he needs Tranatlantic--these guys are fine.

Sensational! Also impressed by the way the piano intro is played. Very dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Sensational! Also impressed by the way the piano intro is played. Very dynamic.
    To be honest, I always disliked Wakeman's approach to this intro. It seems extraordinarily rushed and mechanical (in stark contrast to his approach on South Side of the Sky, for example). I'd always wanted to hear it played more like this.