Thread: Zip Tang

Zip Tang

hey folks, any thoughts on Zip Tang - Das Reboot?

Great band, and even better live!

Fred and Marcus are some new friends of mine.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I really enjoy x3 CDs I have: Ether, Pank and Heads. Keen on Reboot, just needed second oppinion. I like this "it's in my head, but there's no way to get it out!"

I have it, and like the great bass grooves happening on several tracks. A bit of a hypnotic vibe to some songs, which I like too. Another talented band.

neil

As Geezer says, great band and great guys. These gents put on a really good live show as well. Do your friends a favor and point them towards this band. They are deserving. All 4 of their CD's have uniqueness to them. Das Reboot has been in my player since their show last fall.

This is a band I’ve been meaning to check out for some time. Looks like I’m way overdue!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Ben Fisher
    What album would you guys recommend to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpicturekeys View Post
    As Geezer says, great band and great guys. These gents put on a really good live show as well. Do your friends a favor and point them towards this band. They are deserving. All 4 of their CD's have uniqueness to them. Das Reboot has been in my player since their show last fall.
    And this guy knows good music when he hears it!!

As my friend "Keys" has posted , all 4 of their cds are unique, or, to paraphrase, "all of these things are not like the others". "Das" for me, but they all have redeeming social (& musical) value
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

got my copy of Reboot... as with Feed Our Heads the first half or so is very good, but then it goes into hmmm fragments which sound more like unfulfilled "ideas". that said Heads finished on a stronger note compared to Reboot. Punk was their best IMO. Guitar tone is mean by all standards and the showcase of drums and bass is spectacular. very toxic! They should put mushrooms on every booklet (like on Punk).