Thread: VISUAL ARTISTS Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Etc. Also Welcome In This Forum

VISUAL ARTISTS Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Etc. Also Welcome In This Forum

I know this forum is part of the 'Music Forums' - but I know PE has many members who are very talented in the visual arts, and I think this forum should accommodate discussions of those techniques as well.

I've changed the forum's description to reflect that.

Although we know many - I'm not sure we know who all of the artists are here on PE.

I'd be interested to hear from you - let us know what you do, what styles and media you use, and - it might be cool to have some pointers to your work.
    Regards,

Duncan

Hi Duncan
    I think you know me. (Grin) I will be interested in seeing who else chimes in here.
    I work in traditional art media, though many times in non traditional ways. Most of my artwork is mixed media and is a kind of hybrid between painting and drawing at times.
    My main art website is www.lynnetteshelley.com which shows most of my work over the past 5 years or so.

Here are a few examples of my current works

"Between Earth and Sky" (ink, coffee, charcoal and acrylic on Aquabord, 16 x 20")

"The Night the Stars Fell", 36 x 36 inches, acrylic on canvas

"The Imbroglio", oil pastels, 18K gold, acrylic and colored pencils on paper, 20 x 26 inches

"The Dogs of War", (ink, acrylic, oil pastel on paper, 22 x 30 inches)

"Samhain", pastel and acrylic on pastelbord, 24 x 18 inches (this piece recently won first place at a juried Halloween themed show).

"Autumnal II", (ink, graphite, colored pencils, oil pastel, tea, paper, acrylic on hardboard; 36 x 24")
    Music
    The Red Masque: www.theredmasque.com
    Green Cathedral: www.green-cathedral.com
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Lycia
    This is simply awesome work! I love it. I too do traditional works, mostly ink, graphite, and colored pencil, but these days I prefer photoshop.

thanks Lycia. Feel free to post some of your work!
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Lycia
    I checked out your website Lynette. I love that lizard that loads for the background image. Awesome stuff you have, really fantastic! Here are a couple of mine, both done in photoshop.
    106960559870819022_BgGYBbzM_c.jpgsydbarrett.jpg

Lycia
    These are great as well. Lunacy is great.

nice Lycia
    Are you working overtop a photo or are these all "hand" drawn digitally.
    Impressive work.

As for the lizard, it's actually something called a Pangolin, which is a scaly anteater. really crazy looking. As soon as I saw one I knew I'd have to draw it lol
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Lycia
    The goth was hand drawn. The portrait of Syd started off working over a photo using a multitude of layers, but then that became too difficult, so I just printed the photo and did it by eye.
    "You can't get a hangover from booze. It's either bad ice, or stale potato chips." --Jackie Gleason

Someday I'll get up the heart to start painting again, Lynette your painting are excellent.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Lynette, have you ever seen anything by Boris Artzybasheff? He was a Russian-American artist and illustrator, notable for a Surrealist take on commercial art in an impressive portfolio of magazine, book, and advertising illustrations. Your "Dogs of War" drawing reminds me a little of some of his work.

Thanks Chuck. And I hope you do start painting (or drawing). I slacked off from it for many years until I got back into it again the past five, six years or so. I've been drawing or painting almost every day since! it's addicting!

@Barbitrozer: no, I have not heard of him. I'll look him up. Thanks
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Beautiful work, Lynette.

Beautiful work, Lynette!

thanks all
    I have a couple of show receptions going on this weekend if anybody lives in the PA area. One show is in Newtown PA (it's a group show that I have two pieces in) and another is in Jenkintown, PA. It's a group show that I have one piece in. If you visit my website, you can see the upcoming show info.

These two will be a figurative themed show in Newtown, PA

Medusa

Artemis

And the Dogs of War piece from above will be at the show in Jenkintown,
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Lynette, your work just amazes me every time.

I studied fine arts in college and I try and continue to take courses/workshops when I can to keep me inspired. Haven't signed up for anything lately, still unpacking and getting settled in my new place. I hope to be back to doing something soon.

hey thanks MoodsWings.
    Please do share some of your work when you settle in!

I am getting ready for a big art show tomorrow. I'm supposed to do a presentation / art lecture at the show as well. My first time doing public speaking so a bit nervous here...

Anyway, this is my latest work, which i finished a few days ago. Still thinking about what I want to do next.

"Swimming Horses (Hippocampi)", 24 x 36 inches, oil pastels and acrylic on pastelbord.

Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

oh also, finished earlier this month, just because I know how some people here like Octopi

Red Octopus, 24 x 24 inches, acrylic on wood panel

it is currently at the aforementioned show, along with 20 others of mine. A photo of some of them on one of the walls

And this is a photo at ANOTHER show, also going on, at a different venue. This is a group show, but all the artworks on the closest wall are mine. I have 11 pieces there.

An then this piece, which is at ANOTHER show, recently won second place from the juror in the drawing category at the show.

There is a fourth show I am also in, but that should be ending shortly.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com