Thread: VonFrickle, where are they now?

VonFrickle, where are they now?

I just listened to The 40 Fingers of Dr V the other day which i enjoyed immensely and was curious what they were up to. The most recent thing on their website is the cancellation of their Nearfest appearance from 2011.

Are they still around?? man, i really hope so.

No clue. I used to hear about them playing in the Chicago area from time to time, but it has been several years now. That perfomance they did at ProgDay was outstanding.

In those outfits in that heat they were completely exausted when they got done.

Steve Sly

Great guys all as well! Kay & I spoke with them a few years ago at a Might Could, Far Corner (w/PE member Dan Maske and Bill Kopecky of Par Lindh Project) & Von Frickle show at Vnuk's Lounge in Cudahy, WI while they were still out from under the whiteness before their set, and they actually took the time to explain to Kay what their music was about when she naively inquired about it instead of taking the "you'll know once you've heard us" easy escape.

They have indeed been off the radar for a while. I know they live in the midwest (rural Illinois or Iowa iirc), but haven't heard anything from or about them in quite a while.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Last I knew guitarist Lee Fehr had left the band but the others had new material and were going to continue on... that was in 2011.