Thread: Caravan announce UK tour!

Caravan announce UK tour!

Caravan confirm UK dates
    Comments 0 Martin Kielty at 08:24am January 3 2014

Caravan have detailed a UK tour which sees them hitting the road in March and April in support of their 14th album, Paradise Filter.

It’s Pye Hatstings and co’s first studio outing since 2003′s The Unauthorized Breakfast Item and was funded via a successful Kickstarter campaign, with supporters having received their copies last month.

Tickets for the 14 dates are on sale now.

Caravan tour
    Mar 06: Salisbury City Hall
    Mar 07: Bilson Robin 2
    Mar 08: Holmfirth Picturedrome
    Mar 10: Milton Keynes Stables
    Mar 12: Canterbury Gulbenkian Theatre
    Apr 09: Worcester Huntingdon Hall
    Apr 10: Frome Cheese And Grain
    Apr 11: Exeter Phoenix
    Apr 13: Nottingham Rescue Rooms
    Apr 15: Glasgow ABC
    Apr 17: Stockton ABC
    Apr 18: Sale Waterside
    Apr 19: London Islington Assembly
    Apr 20: Brighton Concorde 2

I was so excited about seeing them live, until I heard the new album.

Pros: Very polished and well-made.
    More guitar and actually a few solos

Cons: Doesn't sound like classic or even later Caravan
    Not very proggy.
    Songs sound predictable-

This might be a difference-breaker in seeing them.

Still I wish the band the best of luck!

Good for them. And let me guess, this will be the "For Richard Tour", eh?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Cant comment on the above comment as I have not yet heard the album - hanging on for my physical copy.

However I think, when I last saw them, they played a couple of songs that were destined for the new album. And as such I am not surprised by the comments.

However, I have followed this band for 40+ years and I guess I am with them for life no matter what they release.

That said their more recent output is not 'proggy' but nevertheless you do get to enjoy them

I know that in the past I have been the first to complain when so-called "active" bands decline to play in their home country (sorry, Renaissance & Three Friends !!) - but now for some reason almost TOO many of my favourite bands have decided to tour in the spring - Clannad, Rick Wakeman, Yes, Camel, Ian Anderson & now Caravan. I'm afraid my wallet says that I will have to prioritise - & I've already got tickets for the first three. I recommend Islington Assembly Hall, however, - having recently been there to see BJH I can say that it is nearly as nice as the "next door" Union Chapel, so do support Pye & the lads if you can.