Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How about a 'classic' Genesis reunion w/o Gabriel? (stop the PC bashing)

Maybe a reunion shouldn't happen, but why not Phil, Mike, or Tony guesting or joining the Hackett Genesis extended tour for a show? That would be special!

Quote Originally Posted by LEG-art View Post
    Maybe a reunion shouldn't happen, but why not Phil, Mike, or Tony guesting or joining the Hackett Genesis extended tour for a show? That would be special!
    Perhaps, but practically impractical. I suspect, after years away from most of what Steve is playing, that the others would need some serious rehearsal time; you don't just pick this stuff up after years away and nail it.

Plus, to be honest, with the added freedom Hackett is allowing in the music, I wonder if he'd not rather plan it with the guys he's been touring it with anyway. There's room for interpretation, even when ensuring all the signatures are there, that Genesis never afforded him back in the day.

I think seeing Steve do this material is as good as it's going to get....and that's plenty good enough, IMO.

Cant think of a reunion tour I'd rather see, but dont think it will ever happen. Agree with this ^^^^ we'll have to just see Hackett play the material...saw him this summer and he was incredible.

I suppose my answer is the same one I always give to these kinds of threads ..... it's been too long and I think these kinds of things just end up being a disappointment. I'd much rather see them release some full live shows from the 70's and 80's. Regardless, I don't think there's much chance of either happening.