Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great? Total nonsense! Or what!?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Never mind. Amazon told me they're Norwegian. That country must have prog drugs in their water supply.
    One of their members (I'm not going to say who) used to work at my fave bar in my usual holiday resort town of Kragerø (where she came from), and she was also the ex-girlfriend of a former buddy of mine from there (haven't spoken to him in years). I remember her well from when she wasn't a - uh - star. Katzenjammer are actually quite famous in Norway these days, and a highly popular live act.

I'm a bit in two minds about them, but yeah - they can play. As for Norway being a place of magic in modern music, most of what you've heard is true. There's an abundance of creativity continuously popping up here, and it's great to live in Oslo and see it all happen on a week-to-week basis.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I think you mean Lebensborn. Not really something the Germans are proud of. Scandinavian countries have some reputation with something simular as well, by forced sterilisations for people they didn't want to breed. People like mentally handicapped, people with a less desirable behaviour, socially weak and others.
    You are correct on the name, but I was referring to the selective breeding part of the program. What the Nazis did was hideous, but it is history, embarrassment or not. My intention was not to offend and I apologize if it did. I find it fascinating that Norway has this abundance of fantastic musicians and I was trying to be humorous. Sorry about that.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    You are correct on the name, but I was referring to the selective breeding part of the program. What the Nazis did was hideous, but it is history, embarrassment or not. My intention was not to offend and I apologize if it did. I find it fascinating that Norway has this abundance of fantastic musicians and I was trying to be humorous. Sorry about that.
    THe selective breeding didn't work that well either.

Sea shanties + punk =

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Make that 2 fans, Renate! Are they Dutch? Now I have to pursue their recorded output!

All this music and so little time.....
    I've dld 3 of their shows from Dime. If the SQ is good enough to keep, I'll let you know.