Thread: AAJ Review: Steven Wilson, Drive Homs

AAJ Review: Steven Wilson, Drive Homs

My review of Steven Wilson's terrific EP CD/Blu-Ray, Drive Home, today at AllAboutJazz.com.

It's been a busy couple of years for Wilson. The British singer, multi- instrumentalist and songwriter has continued his work as the go-to guy for surround sound and stereo remixes on recent outings including XTC's Nonesuch (1992; reissued Panegyric, 2013), Yes' Close to the Edge (1972; reissued Panegyric, 2013), Jethro Tull's Benefit: A Collector's Edition (1970; reissued Chrysalis, 2013), and his new stereo mix, in collaboration with King Crimson's Robert Fripp, of that group's classic Red (DGM Live, 1975), found on the wonderfully massive The Road to Red (Panegyric, 2013) box and less expansive (and expensive) two-CD set.

But what has occupied the majority of 2013 has been Wilson's world tour on the back of The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories) (Kscope, 2013), a contemporary progressive rock classic featuring a lineup that has been largely stable, with the exception of the guitar chair, since 2011, when the Porcupine Tree founder/front man hit the road in support of Grace for Drowning (Kscope, 2011), his second release under his own name after the harbinger of 2009's Insurgentes (Kscope).

Continue reading here...
    Last edited by jkelman; 12-29-2013 at 08:53 AM.

This was nice, but waiting for the full blu-ray of the tour please.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    This was nice, but waiting for the full blu-ray of the tour please.
    Yes indeed, that tour was so good it would be a crime to not release a full show Blu-Ray. Perhaps Steven is just seeing how sales of Drive Home go. It's a a darn good sampler/teaser, and the additional audio tracks make it a keeper regardless of what comes after.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I played this for my prog bud last week. He suggested Prozac for SW.

I really would love to have a full Blu-Ray of this tour. What a great show that was.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Count me in for a complete Raven show in BD or CD. After all there"s a full Insurgentes and The Incident show released.