Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Finn

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Moe, are you not acquainted with the early 2-3 records of Split Enz? Some of the very best bonafide progressive rock from down under, if you ask me.

The first two Crowdeds are fabulous as well, but have little "prog" about them. Obviously.
    Yea, some great music there definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Moe, are you not acquainted with the early 2-3 records of Split Enz? Some of the very best bonafide progressive rock from down under, if you ask me.

The first two Crowdeds are fabulous as well, but have little "prog" about them. Obviously.
    I heard part of one of those SE albums. A Prog-Rock New Wave mix. Didn't really grab me, but I need to give them a fair shot. Probably can say the same for CH.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    A Prog-Rock New Wave mix.
    I keep hearing that mentioned, but to be honest I can't truly detect it in the music. They were by 1975-76 (particularly on Mental Notes) a far more musically accomplished and artistically determined unit than anything I ever heard by any 80s "neo prog" enterprise. Very good.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM