Thread: New Year Freebie from The Opium Cartel

New Year Freebie from The Opium Cartel

For those who missed it: The EP "Lizard Sleep", which The Opium Cartel put out in a ltd. digital edition back in 2009, and which has been unavailable since then, is now a free download here:

http://soundcloud.com/termo-records/...l-lizard-sleep

It features a rather epic remix of the song Beach House by the legendary mixer Mike Senior as well as two non-album tracks. The other musicians on the EP include usual suspects like Mattias Olsson, Rhys Marsh and Lars Fredrik Frøislie in addition to an appearance by the amazing Scott McGill. Not really prog, and at times decidedly odd, but what have you got to lose?

Cheers!

Well, this generated about as much interest as a new Selena Gomez record here on PE… I'm bumping this because I know there are people on this board that have specifically requested that I make this available again. Just to make sure the fine few who are interested see this.

In other news: I am sure there's a new Flower Theater album out and I'm sure it's absolutely smashingly amazing. I'm sure it's a concept album about the dangers of modern society. I'm sure it's called The Dark Canyon of the Empty Soul Vessels. Buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    Well, this generated about as much interest as a new Selena Gomez record here on PE… I'm bumping this because I know there are people on this board that have specifically requested that I make this available again. Just to make sure the fine few who are interested see this.

In other news: I am sure there's a new Flower Theater album out and I'm sure it's absolutely smashingly amazing. I'm sure it's a concept album about the dangers of modern society. I'm sure it's called The Dark Canyon of the Empty Soul Vessels. Buy it!
    LOL--I for one am VERY interested, but need to wait until I get back to my home computer before I can download and comment on it. But thank you for generously making this available!

As soon as you posted it on FB I downloaded it. Thanks for this nice gift :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    Wow, a shot a FK fans -- unique. By the way, "Lumberjack Lullaby" sounds like something off the bonus disc of a Flower Kings album about the dangers of modern society. Just saying.

WHAT?? There's a new Selena Gomez out??? I'm on it!!!

Thanks Jacob! I'd have said that sooner but have been traveling without a laptop or smart phone & didn't see this until now.

I'm always in if JHL or LFF are involved.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Forum has got a poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Forum has got a poor taste.
    STOP DRINKING NOW, JARMO!!

The people who run this site are not going to let you continue this cycle of getting drunk, posting stupid shit, and then apologizing later forever.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    STOP DRINKING NOW, JARMO!!

The people who run this site are not going to let you continue this cycle of getting drunk, posting stupid shit, and then apologizing later forever.
    Fair enough,Steve.

Jacob could stop whining though.And I cut my message wrong : It should be read " Thanks for sharing" etc.
    Last edited by Modry Effekt; 12-31-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Thanks Jacob. Seen the previous post, but I just figured out how to download this.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    By the way, "Lumberjack Lullaby" sounds like something off the bonus disc of a Flower Kings album about the dangers of modern society. Just saying.
    I knew there was a reason why I didn't put it on the album!

Thanks, Jacob! Am enjoying the music as I type this message.

I look forward to eventually purchasing a CD of Ardor. I am a fan yours and Mattias' work in any context. Am also waiting for my copy to arrive of Mattias' newest Necromonkey disc.