Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MST3K

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies didn't have anything going for it either, not even the title.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies didn't have anything going for it either, not even the title.
    Had a lurid quality to it, but wow, hard to believe it was made. Makes you wonder what audiences thought about it afterwards.

All that stuff was back in the days of drive-ins and Grindhouses. There was a market for lurid, messed up cheap movies. Remember, no home video.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    "Are you immume?"
    "No, I'm Lloyd. That is the myoon."
    Chad

"You're not my father,you're Hitler."
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I'm afraid I'm one of the weirdo-types who actually like that movie, as well as a few other Ray Dennis Steckler movies (Wild Guitar, Thrill Killers, Rat Fink A Boo Boo). Incredibly Strange Creatures has this otherworldly quality to it, very off-the-wall. Love it!

But I wouldn't try to defend it... I can totally understand where someone would hate it. RE:Search put out a book several years ago called "Incredibly Strange Films" which included chapters and interviews with Ray Dennis Steckler (who wrote/directed ISCWSLABMUZ), Ted V Mikels ("Corpse Grinders" anyone?), Russ Meyer ('nuff sed), and others. That book was my movie bible for a long time after I bought it in '92. I love old drive-in, psychotronic movies!

I guess this first one already happened. Nothing came up on Youtube unfortunately.

It sounds too good to be true, but the Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew is coming back to television. It’s about time.

Zap2it is reporting that National Geographic is prepping three episodes from the guys of RiffTrax, which is the online snark track project the MST3K stars put together after the show was canceled (for the last time) in 1999. The episodes will feature the ol’ gang: Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy (as Tom Servo) and Bill Corbett (as Crow T. Robot).

Dubbed Total Riff Off, the special will find the gang poking fun at National Geographic programming and footage of animals. A little outside their typical wheelhouse, admittedly, but it could be fun. The episodes are reportedly dubbed “Pig Love,” “Demon Bat” and “Badass Dino Bird.” So, take from that what you will.

Though National Geographic is an admittedly strange landing spot for RiffTrax, the network has been branching out with its programming like most cable nets, and RiffTrax definitely brings some geek cachet. Here’s hoping we’re on the verge of a snarky renaissance.

The three-episode special is set to debut on April 1. So make a note to set your DVR accordingly.
    There's also this for next year.

The ultra-low-budget series built a fiercely loyal fan base over the past few decades thanks to a certain brand of pitch-perfect snark and biting nostalgia — and now Mystery Science Theater 3000 could be coming back to the small screen.

Of all places, some “Best Of” episodes could show up on PBS next year as part of a programming offering via Shout! Factory. American Public Television is currently offering four classic MST3K episodes to local public-TV programmers. If these four episodes prove to be popular (and how could they not?), then it’s possible it could lead to even more episodes coming up in the future.
    This spring [creator Joel] Hodgson is hoping to start a new online incarnation of the show, one that will feature a fresh (and as-yet-unannounced) host and cameos from many MST3K alumni.
    There's nothing on Wiki about the show being rebooted but that means little. It's Wiki. It would be very cool if it happened but I won't hold my breath.

All these quotes came from Blastr.com articles. Here's a link to one and the links for the others are at the bottom.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-4-23/myst...-online-series

Seems as if the biggest problem is Jim Mallon who seems to have alienated most, if not all, of the Brains. Joel has been talking about this at Cons, even with updated designs for the Bots. At least, that's what I got from reading a thread on the MST3K board. If you like:

http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thr...1/mst3k-reboot
    Last edited by TheLoony; 11-16-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

WOO HOO! Turkey Day!

I forgot about this last year. Screw football, I'm watching The Magic Voyage of Sinbad!

Picking up where I left off....

Turkey Day had The Final Sacrifice. I get it now. Zap ROWSDOWER!!!!!

Nope, that's not a bad name at all. Not completely stupid in any way, shape or form.

I so cannot wait for the reboot. I need more of this in a modern setting.

Puppet shows rock.

Jean Claude Gosh Darn

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    Jean Claude Gosh Darn
    Thanks for the early morning laugh and I'll throw in a Slab Bulkhead just for the hell of it.

I'm going to legally change my name to Zap Rowsdower because, why not? Of all the names in the universe they could have gone with, they went with that one. Go figure.

Here's a list of names to choose from:

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bob Boxbody.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Maybe I should instead go with Big McLarge Huge. I don't know, there's something about Zap - the name, not the character and his mullet - that just tugs at my heartstrings.

rez thread

Netflix has MST3K...I never saw it there before and may have missed the post for it so I thought Id announce it here if you have Netflix and were unaware

Of course i had to cue up "Space Mutiny" first, just for Lump Beefbroth (and etc)

Plus the new episodes will debut on Netflix--April 14th is the date.

With Felicia Day
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

So we have a official date? I checked in with the MST3K board just a couple weeks ago and they had nothing as of that time.

I lived long enough to see the end of Rush and the new beginning of MST3K. Not too shabby. I'm so psyched to see a puppet show again and with Felicia and Patton Oswalt I expect it to be rather good.

Trailer for the new series, including peeks of some of the films...