Thread: Featured CD - Chris Squire's : Swiss Choir

Featured CD - Chris Squire's : Swiss Choir

In the spirit of the season...

Paraphrased from Amazon:
    ...holiday release from Yes bassist Chris Squire with former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett and the English Baroque Choir. This release is a collection of Baroque Christmas Carols but also includes the 1981 hit 'Run With The Fox', which is not available elsewhere. Often haunting but always inspiring, this is a unique Christmas CD that will appeal to all ages and fans of all genres.
    http://www.amazon.com/Chris-Squires-.../dp/B002Q9VPG6

Regards,

Duncan

Commented on this in another Christmas related thread.. with that said.. I love this.. only this Christmas did I obtain this.. plenty of spins thus far.. just last night before dinner in fact.. Jon's 3 ships used to be our favorite but Chris' release took that spot.. (Also found a lot of love from the Jethro Tull Christmas disc this season)..

This is a really nice one with nods to Chris' early years as a choir boy. Doesn't top the Tull Christmas album but I've played it every year since its release.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***