Thread: Yessongs now available as hirez on HD Tracks

Hi-Rez Yessongs! Merry Christmas!

Simple question -can iTunes play this???

I might have to order this. Most of the Yes HDTracks have been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    Simple question -can iTunes play this???
    AIFF and ALAC, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    AIFF and ALAC, yes.
    As long as your soundcard or DAC are up to 24-bit replay.

I think I'll wait for some reviews. Yessongs wasn't the best recording in the first place so you have to take that into consideration as opposed to the studio albums am I right? If I did plunk down the $30 would FLAC be the best way for an HP Pavillion g6 Laptop? I use WMP usually as a library and it says in their chart that FLAC is YES all across the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I think I'll wait for some reviews. Yessongs wasn't the best recording in the first place so you have to take that into consideration as opposed to the studio albums am I right? If I did plunk down the $30 would FLAC be the best way for an HP Pavillion g6 Laptop? I use WMP usually as a library and it says in their chart that FLAC is YES all across the chart.
    Initial reviews I've seen elsewhere suggest that the HDTracks is an improvement on all the better CD releases, but marginally so. This was never a great sounding release, more loved for the performances.

I've seen one good review of the recent Japanese SACD layer.

I do not use WMP, in fact I've uninstalled it, but it probably lurks around somewhere in the Windows. Unless you have a external DAC that handles 24-bit music files, it's unlikely that your laptop plays more than 16-bit quality direct from it's soundcard/DAC (check the specifications). I have an additional Asus 24-bit soundcard in my PC, and use Foobar2000 to play all my FLAC and SACD-ISO files. Laptops will need external DACs (some are USB sticks, others are stand-alone boxes).