Thread: Flower Kings revisiting Garden of Dreams in new set!!

Flower Kings revisiting Garden of Dreams in new set!!

Brilliant!!

I'm curious. Is Froberg's style of singing some sort of Swedish thing or is it his own? All these years and I can't believe no one in the band or a producer has said, "Um, you might want to dial that back a notch".

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I'm curious. Is Froberg's style of singing some sort of Swedish thing or is it his own? All these years and I can't believe no one in the band or a producer has said, "Um, you might want to dial that back a notch".
    I'm not really sure what you mean - I've seen TFK several times and he never really seemed "over the top" or anything, especially considering he's sort of "dual frontman" with Roine in some respects, and the band has no true frontman who dominates or anything.

I agree...he sounds like some cheap nite club singer.I hate his voice!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I agree...he sounds like some cheap nite club singer.I hate his voice!!
    If he just pulled it back a bit rather than bringing-it-on-home at the end of songs. I don't think he has a bad voice, he just needs to temper his desire to belt-it-out.

Love it! Still going strong!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I'm not with you at all Splicer. I enjoy Hasse's "style" very much. The Roine is not much of a "showman" on stage so having someone more dynamic on stage adds alot to their live show. And to criticize Hasse's singing??!! Really don't get that. Love is voice - especially on Desolation Rose.

i've been saying this for YEARS...he's one of the main reasons whenever he does something i look to see if i'm not watching Deep Purple or something...glad i'm not the only one...he has a lot of out of place moves and contributions i always felt.

There are some very nit-picky, small-minded, bitter and negative people on this forum.

Instead of focussing on the positive, they strive to find the one negative (in their view) aspect and wallow in that. The same goes in the Bruford/Portnoy debate in another thread and many other examples.

It seems to be a case of: "hey, Nov has made an effort to post a clip on here but I'll rain on his parade and lay into Hasse".

I naively thought that anyone who has ever been into TFK would enjoy the fact that they are revisiting this glorious piece of music. If you don't like them (or it) then what's the point of posting anything? Find a thread about a band you like and try and post something positive if you can find it within yourself.

For what it's worth, my own view is that Hasse brings energy and passion to TFK concerts and his more 'rock' style voice mixes well with Roine's more unique style.

Anyway, that is not the point..........they are playing some of "Garden of Dreams" again and I, for one, cannot wait to see it live.

Some people call that singing with passion and power, and don't really mind it at all.

Also, I doubt Hasse would have been a member of TFK for so long if Roine didn't feel he contributed something important to both studio albums and live shows. Speaking of which, I had to refer to Wikipedia to see how far back Hasse goes with TFK. I think there's a type in the entry for Back in the World of Adventures, because it lists Hans Froberg as doing lead and backing vocals (no guitars). The entry for Retropolis lists Hasse Froberg. Someone who can be arsed, please fix this in the entry for BITWOA if in fact it was Hasse (Thanks!).

I think my first time seeing TFK was on the Space Revolver tour, and I honestly can't remember if Hasse was up there with the band (at Wetlands in NYC). Can anyone tell us how long Hasse has been doing this live with the band? Maybe since the first live shows? I don't know.

I don't lead cheers for a living or as a hobby. I'm also freeminded enough to be able to like something and criticize it at the same time.

Roine once said that Hasse was the ONE person the band would find it most difficult to move forward without, FWIW.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Also, I doubt Hasse would have been a member of TFK for so long if Roine didn't feel he contributed something important to both studio albums and live shows. Speaking of which, I had to refer to Wikipedia to see how far back Hasse goes with TFK. I think there's a type in the entry for Back in the World of Adventures, because it lists Hans Froberg as doing lead and backing vocals (no guitars). The entry for Retropolis lists Hasse Froberg. Someone who can be arsed, please fix this in the entry for BITWOA if in fact it was Hasse (Thanks!).

I think my first time seeing TFK was on the Space Revolver tour, and I honestly can't remember if Hasse was up there with the band (at Wetlands in NYC). Can anyone tell us how long Hasse has been doing this live with the band? Maybe since the first live shows? I don't know.
    I forget which (Hans or Hasse) is his real name, but the other is a nickname or commonly used shorter version or whatever. Both are completely valid.

Pretty sure Hasse was in the original live lineups going back to '95.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter0rjapan View Post
    Some people call that singing with passion and power, and don't really mind it at all.

Very well said. I think Hasses voice is a perfect compliment to Roine's in The a Flower Kings. It's baffling that anyone in the Prog world could criticize his vocals. Have you heard some of the lead singers in other Prog bands?

Hasse is a great vocalist and a really nice guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by FKYES View Post
    Very well said. I think Hasses voice is a perfect compliment to Roine's in The a Flower Kings. It's baffling that anyone in the Prog world could criticize his vocals. Have you heard some of the lead singers in other Prog bands?

Hasse is a great vocalist and a really nice guy too.
    This!

Hasse is a nickname for Hans.

Was listening to Banks of Eden this morning and laughing about this post. "Come on, dial it back a notch, Hasse! This is Prog!"

I love Hasse's voice and style. It adds something important to TFK. That band draws from a lot more than prog influences, and his style is a big part of that.

He first worked with Roine on the title track of Roine's 1993 solo album "The Flower King," which started the whole thing off. Hasse is not on the first proper TFK 'band' album Back in the World of Adventures, but sang in places as a guest on the album after that, Retropolis. He joined the band as a full member for the next album Stardust We Are.

No complaints about Hasse from me. I like what he brings to the band and I like that they have two distinct lead voices.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...