Thread: Pomegranate Tiger - instrumental progmetal

Pomegranate Tiger - instrumental progmetal

Stumbled on these guys on Youtube. All-instrumental progmetal. Parts of it remind me of John Petrucci's solo album. Any fans?

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

This is the first I've heard of them. They certainly aren't lacking in the chops department. Not too far removed from Scale The Summit (although there are likely more similar sounding groups).
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

No one else has heard of them or has a comment?
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Not bad, but it's a bit TOO metal-ly for my taste, and the dynamics feel the same throughout.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Very good band. I tried to get CDs to sell and they treated me like I was from Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Very good band. I tried to get CDs to sell and they treated me like I was from Mars.
    That's a damn shame Ken, because you would have had at least one sale. Looks like the only place I can get the CD is direct from them, and they're in Canada. Other places have MP3's but I'm still a CD guy.

Thanks for posting.

Very DT Clonish without LaBrie - which may be a good thing! Ha!

Their loss if they want to make it difficult to acquire their product as this genre is super crowded with talented bands.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post

Very DT Clonish without LaBrie - which may be a good thing! Ha!
    Right, and the fact that I like this is significant for me since I don't like Dream Theater! But I do like John Petrucci's solo album (no vocals) a whole lot and this reminds me of it. I know there are a lot of clone bands but so far the only one that's clicked for me up 'til now is Circus Maximus. But this band grabbed my ear and held it throughout the entire album.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Never heard (of) them, but if they sound like DT and Scale The Summit, I'm in!

A bit like Planet X but less Keyboard work... I like it but PX fills my need completely for this style of music
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?