Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your top five Genesis moments

I'll try to put these in descending order.

1. Gabriel's flute in the middle of Supper's Ready. Most 70s Genesis music is fantastic but that lead is exquisite.
    2. Hackett's solo at the beginning of Blood on the Rooftops. One major thing that inspired me to take classical guitar lessons.
    3. The combination of Gabriel's voice and Hackett's guitar in the final section of The Musical Box.
    4. Hackett and Banks in the instrumental section of Ripples.
    5. The piano solo in at the beginning of Firth of Fifth.
    6. Dusk.
    7. Horizons
    8. The piano on Mad Man Moon
    9. The classical guitar leads on Eleventh Earl of Mar.
    10. Los Endos

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    WRONG! The venue was NOT the Hollywood Bowl. I know because I was there. The 76' tour with Bruford in Los Angeles was at the Starlight Amphitheater in Burbank California. Great show, and even greater comeback after the loss of Gabriel. Only time that I know of that Bruford played with them in L.A.. Were you really there, or is this BS?
    Was I at the Starlight Amphitheatre on March 29, 1976 in Section B, Row/Box N, Seat 13? Why yes. The show started at 7:30 PM; ticket cost $7.50- That's about all I can tell you from the ticket stub.
    Oh. Thanks for the PM where you called me a 'lying buttf*#k' . Maybe you should get a life!(?)

My favorite moment was during Squonk; I did like the little animation dealy
    Last edited by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof; 12-29-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Question: Is it common on this forum for people to call each other "lying buttfucks'?

Genesis boot: Live @the Hammersmith Odeon 1976....With Bruford on the kit....The **best** version of White Mountain Ever.....Hackett just add some guitar parts that are just majestic....

Quote Originally Posted by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof View Post
    Question: Is it common on this forum for people to call each other "lying buttfucks'?
    Not that I'm aware... I don't know why anyone would take this stuff so seriously that they would feel the need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Genesis boot: Live @the Hammersmith Odeon 1976....With Bruford on the kit....The **best** version of White Mountain Ever.....Hackett just add some guitar parts that are just majestic....
    I *love* "White Mountain" from that tour! Especially Tony's sinister keys during the section that leads up to "Fang, son of Great Fang the traitor we seek..." - There's no doubt that this one was Rutherford's suggestion (being one of the old Rutherford/Phillips songs), and I'm glad they went with it. It was also one of the ones he used to introduce on stage (what a strange idea that was, to have Mike and Steve introduce songs!)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Creating the heavens and earth
    Creating light
    Creating the sky
    Creating the sun, moon & stars
    Creating man & woman

That was easy.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Not that I'm aware... I don't know why anyone would take this stuff so seriously that they would feel the need to do so.

To set the record straight, Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof FIRST sent me a PM with two words only, FUCK YOU. He's now trying to make me look bad. Here is my reply to that PM for everyone to see. Again if he make a mistake by saying The Hollywood Bowl, I truly don't think he would continue to harp upon this. I stand by what I said, and yes, I really was there, NO food allowed also, like he claimed. Utter bullshit! And this IS my last words on this subject. See below:

Your rude response proves that you lied. Why do people like you have such big ego's that they have to fabricate stories? If you really were at the 76' show, you would have said, "Oh yeah, it was The Starlight Amphitheater, sorry about that." The least I can do is expose the credibility of assholes like you to other PE members like me who tell truthful stories. And don't expect any more further comment from me, butt fuck!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Oh my!

Does the Hollywood Bowl allow food? Because, maybe he got the picnic experience & venue mixed up with the wrong show (it wasn't Genesis, it was someone else), yet he saw Genesis as well at the Starlight too. I know I have a hard time remembering details of shows I saw in the 70's. No reason to get tempers up though, best to try and make peace if someone is getting upset.

Just another clown on PE that needs laid.....

I have one:

The "There's a fat old lady outside the saloon" passage.

My mama told me "Don't feed the trolls". I should have listened

Quote Originally Posted by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof View Post
    Was I at the Starlight Amphitheatre on March 29, 1976 in Section B, Row/Box N, Seat 13?
    ..but Genesis wasn't there that day. They were in Canada at that time. They played Starlight Bowl on May 1st, 1976...

I don't know what to tell ya.

I'm just reading off the ticket per the 'DATE/EVENT CODE' - It says '03/29'- Maybe that's when the ticket was purchased. Since the ticket is ripped in half, I can't see another date except the bottom line with reads, "...01 1976 7:30P $7.50"- Maybe that's your May 1st date?. I'm sorry. I can't recall from memory. I misposted that it was at the Hollywood Bowl. The top of the ticket reads, "AMPHITHEATRE" (Left half is missing)- Next lines, truncated, read, "...AVE BURBANK...RESENTATIONS...NG YOU...NESIS'.../ EXCHANGE...01 1976, etc,

You now have all the evidence. My apologies to all the fact checkers.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    ..but Genesis wasn't there that day. They were in Canada at that time. They played Starlight Bowl on May 1st, 1976...
    I was at the Ottawa show in March 1976. There was a guy from Montreal sitting in front of me with an inverted V shaved on his head (I didn't call him, for the record, a butt fucker).
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

1. When God commands, "be fruitful and multiply"
    2. "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed"
    3. "But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly."
    4. "And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?" - But only because I think of Wilt Chamberlain when I read this section
    5. "so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves." The invention of clothes!!! How cool is that?

Disclaimer - The author makes no claim to ever having read any part of the bible at any time in his 50 years on this planet.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!