Thread: The Reasoning Christmas song

The Reasoning Christmas song

Shameless plug alert.

I will be entirely honest here...I hate Christmas songs with a passion.

But with all obvious bias taken into consideration...this bit of fun from The Reasoning sounds no worse to me than any of the usual dross that passes for Christmas songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33nPK3Ggxhc

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So you're saying you hate this too?

No, I don't hate it...the point was I hate this type of song generally, but I don't hate this.

I think it achieves what it sets out to do, and it 'sounds' like a Christmas song.

As a rule I am not a fan of bands doing things like this, but then it's not my band and they can do what they like.

Basically, as you can see from the video, it's just a bit of fun.

I bought this a few weeks ago and I like it. So does my family. A catchy Christmas tune that deserves a place on Christmas radio that it will probably never see. The band might have done themselves a favor by producing a better video for it, but all in all, as mentioned above, they set out to make a good Christmas song and IMO, they succeeded.

Nice catchy song, but gets award for hammiest video of the year, I'm afraid.

But it also has Rachel Jones, just saying.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    Nice catchy song, but gets award for hammiest video of the year, I'm afraid.

To be fair the video is incidental, an afterthought, this was always going to be primarily a download. The band just told fans to send stuff in of themselves mucking around, so they could put something together for a youtube vid to accompany and promote the song.

There was never any official intention to film anything specifically for the song...it's literally just a bit of fun.

And if you don't like the video...be thankful for small mercies...I could have been in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    But it also has Rachel Jones, just saying.

Yeah...i know...but you shouldn't let that colour your perception of the song, to be fair...