Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213
Results 301 to 321 of 321

Thread: Step Forward and Identify Yourself

  1. #301
    The eons are closing
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    1,677
    Welcome home Wease.

    - Thomas

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

  2. #302
    Member IMWeasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    93
    How am I?
    Ugh I mean I dont want to drag everyone down...
    ...but 2020 has been peek 2020 for me. My husband I bought a house up in Sacramento and we moved here back in may. Then in august without any real warning at all he passed away. Thankfully I'm still close enough to my friends/family back in the bay area so I'm able to get help and support and stuff.
    I'm on facebook too if some folks want to follow. also on twitter if you want spicier takes, heh.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

  3. #303
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    2,402
    You've also got us here , IMWeasel.

  4. #304
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,681
    I can't imagine, for the life of me, have devasting that loss must be for your Weas. It makes me quite sad. I'm very happy you have a support network, and, as Gruna said, you have everyone here. Please take good care of yourself. I'm also happy you found a house, I hope this brings solace.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  5. #305
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    2,402
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I can't imagine, for the life of me, have devasting that loss must be for your Weas. It makes me quite sad. I'm very happy you have a support network, and, as Gruna said, you have everyone here. Please take good care of yourself. I'm also happy you found a house, I hope this brings solace.
    Why ya gotta bring my sister into this???


  6. #306
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,681
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    How am I?
    Ugh I mean I dont want to drag everyone down...
    ...but 2020 has been peek 2020 for me. My husband I bought a house up in Sacramento and we moved here back in may. Then in august without any real warning at all he passed away. Thankfully I'm still close enough to my friends/family back in the bay area so I'm able to get help and support and stuff.
    I'm on facebook too if some folks want to follow. also on twitter if you want spicier takes, heh.
    I'm very sorry to hear this. Please hang in there, and don't be a stranger around this place. Friends and family are so important.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    How am I?
    Ugh I mean I dont want to drag everyone down...
    ...but 2020 has been peek 2020 for me. My husband I bought a house up in Sacramento and we moved here back in may. Then in august without any real warning at all he passed away. Thankfully I'm still close enough to my friends/family back in the bay area so I'm able to get help and support and stuff.
    I'm on facebook too if some folks want to follow. also on twitter if you want spicier takes, heh.
    That really is sad news. Hope you find support with friends and family and of sourse the people around here.

  9. #309
    Dickhead Bassist antlermagick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Torbay, Devon
    Posts
    12
    Should I revive the introductions thread? I think I should

    Hiya, I'm Aaron, I'm 22, I'm from Devon, and I listen to far too much music. I've also been playing bass for about 3 years now.

    I got into Rush and Cardiacs hard, and my brain's still recovering fro the sheer musical complexity I've been exposed to. Seriously those bands freaking slap.

  10. #310
    Moderator Duncan Glenday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    1,300
    Welcome aboard.

    Torbay is a great part of the UK - I spent 2 weeks there many years ago, always promised myself I'd go back but haven't made it yet.
    Regards,

    Duncan

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by antlermagick View Post
    Should I revive the introductions thread? I think I should

    Hiya, I'm Aaron, I'm 22, I'm from Devon, and I listen to far too much music. I've also been playing bass for about 3 years now.

    I got into Rush and Cardiacs hard, and my brain's still recovering fro the sheer musical complexity I've been exposed to. Seriously those bands freaking slap.
    Yes, welcome aboard. It's good to have you here!

    Rush and Cardiacs are two of my favorite bands, so you have good taste IMO.

    Keep up the bass playing too, it's always nice to have more musicians around these parts.

  12. #312
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,681
    Hi Aaron, I'll just echo the above comments. Welcome here!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  13. #313
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    2,402
    Welcome in!

  14. #314
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by antlermagick View Post
    Should I revive the introductions thread? I think I should

    Hiya, I'm Aaron, I'm 22, I'm from Devon, and I listen to far too much music. I've also been playing bass for about 3 years now.

    I got into Rush and Cardiacs hard, and my brain's still recovering fro the sheer musical complexity I've been exposed to. Seriously those bands freaking slap.
    Welcome, Aaron. It's great to see some young, new blood 'round here. Most of us are geezers, but this is a fun bunch. Prepare to spend a ton of money on music.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by antlermagick View Post
    Should I revive the introductions thread? I think I should

    Hiya, I'm Aaron, I'm 22, I'm from Devon, and I listen to far too much music. I've also been playing bass for about 3 years now.

    I got into Rush and Cardiacs hard, and my brain's still recovering fro the sheer musical complexity I've been exposed to. Seriously those bands freaking slap.
    Welcome
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

  16. #316
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by antlermagick View Post
    Should I revive the introductions thread? I think I should

    Hiya, I'm Aaron, I'm 22, I'm from Devon, and I listen to far too much music. I've also been playing bass for about 3 years now.

    I got into Rush and Cardiacs hard, and my brain's still recovering fro the sheer musical complexity I've been exposed to. Seriously those bands freaking slap.
    Always good to get some younger perspectives around here. Any good younger bands you have come across that you would recommend?

  17. #317
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Wałbrzych, Poland
    Posts
    5
    Hey! I'd have to apologize for not properly introducing myself here. I think some of you even thought I was a sockpuppet or something. But actually, no.

    I'm Czyszy. I'm from Poland. My English may sometimes feel a bit dodgy because I don't speak it every day.

    Since 2013 ish I've been listening to a lot of progressive rock music. I love 70s classics and also new stuff with a retro vibe. Bands such as: Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Caravan, Todd Rundgren's Utopia, Kaipa, Anyone's Daughter, IQ, The Flower Kings, Echolyn, Transatlantic, The Tangent, Simon Says, Wobbler, Needlepoint and so on. I find the textures and sonic qualities found in 70s music so satisfying. I have a soft spot for 20+ minute songs. I don't like metal all that much. It just doesn't tug my heart the way less heavy kind of music does. I'm also an indie music producer. You can find me on YouTube, Bandcamp and Progarchives.com (as hrychu).

  18. #318
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    2,402
    Welcome in!!

  19. #319
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    11,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    Hey! I'd have to apologize for not properly introducing myself here. I think some of you even thought I was a sockpuppet or something. But actually, no.

    I'm Czyszy. I'm from Poland. My English may sometimes feel a bit dodgy because I don't speak it every day.

    Since 2013 ish I've been listening to a lot of progressive rock music. I love 70s classics and also new stuff with a retro vibe. Bands such as: Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Caravan, Todd Rundgren's Utopia, Kaipa, Anyone's Daughter, IQ, The Flower Kings, Echolyn, Transatlantic, The Tangent, Simon Says, Wobbler, Needlepoint and so on. I find the textures and sonic qualities found in 70s music so satisfying. I have a soft spot for 20+ minute songs. I don't like metal all that much. It just doesn't tug my heart the way less heavy kind of music does. I'm also an indie music producer. You can find me on YouTube, Bandcamp and Progarchives.com (as hrychu).
    Welcome! That's a nice selection of bands you've mentioned there!

    Your mention of Simon Says made me think of their great (debut?) album, Ceinwen, so that's my next listen! I'd sort of forgotten about the band, but I only have Ceinwen and Tardigrade, neither of which I've listened to in a long time, and I see there are a few other albums. Ceinwen has a very unusual mix of elements (for the time it came out, anyway).
    "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart...not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    Hey! I'd have to apologize for not properly introducing myself here. I think some of you even thought I was a sockpuppet or something. But actually, no.

    I'm Czyszy. I'm from Poland. My English may sometimes feel a bit dodgy because I don't speak it every day.

    Since 2013 ish I've been listening to a lot of progressive rock music. I love 70s classics and also new stuff with a retro vibe. Bands such as: Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Caravan, Todd Rundgren's Utopia, Kaipa, Anyone's Daughter, IQ, The Flower Kings, Echolyn, Transatlantic, The Tangent, Simon Says, Wobbler, Needlepoint and so on. I find the textures and sonic qualities found in 70s music so satisfying. I have a soft spot for 20+ minute songs. I don't like metal all that much. It just doesn't tug my heart the way less heavy kind of music does. I'm also an indie music producer. You can find me on YouTube, Bandcamp and Progarchives.com (as hrychu).
    Welcome aboard! You have quite a few interests in common with some folks here (myself included).


    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Your mention of Simon Says made me think of their great (debut?) album, Ceinwen, so that's my next listen! I'd sort of forgotten about the band, but I only have Ceinwen and Tardigrade, neither of which I've listened to in a long time, and I see there are a few other albums. Ceinwen has a very unusual mix of elements (for the time it came out, anyway).
    Oh man, I loved Tardigrade when it came out in late 2008. I had just started a new job, and I remember listening to it a lot at work and in the car that October. Good times.

    I should dust that one off and listen again. I used to have Ceinwen on CD too, but I think I sold it a few years back.

  21. #321
    Member Lopez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Medford, Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,925
    Welcome, Czyszy. Next selection of bands you mention. Pretty much the same style of stuff I like in prog, too. You'll have fun here.
    Lou

    Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •