Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Forward and Identify Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Does anybody know if Ed from Pittsburgh (e3Prog on version2) migrated to v3 & if so, what his screen name is?

He's a technician with the touring company of "Wicked" and they were here 2 years ago and are coming back next week. We had fun hanging out in '11 so I'd like to get a hold of him. I tried the member list but didn't find him.
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...p/108-Edwin333
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Thanks, Duncan. I'll let him know about the 28th. He brought some cast members there to sing live band karaoke in 2011 and they certainly impressed!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Sounds good, Steve - I'd like to meet Ed!
    Regards,

Duncan

I am Mark a.k.a Mr. Toad. I used to hang around here a lot but seemed to drift away for a while. I mean with work, trying to finish a book, family and all the drinking I have to get done it's no wonder.

I looked at the calendar and saw it was June 22. This used to be the date for NEARfest and I thought about this place and you maggots. I'm glad to everything is still here.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel3 View Post
    I am Arkangel3. My real name is Ken Walsh; my pseudonym for my writing is K. Austin Walsh (so as not to get confused with Pulitzer Prize winning writer Ken Walsh. He's too good a writer to be saddled with my stuff ) I play keyboards and a bit of drums. I have been playing keyboards since I was 5 and I play entirely by ear. I also can sing (and since quitting smoking my voice is coming back with a fury. Must be having a little less lung! It's nice to hit notes that I haven't hit in years again!) I am married almost 20 years; I have two girls 15 and 11 who are just as good looking and smart as their parents, LOL. I love Science Fiction literature (my favorite writer of all time is Harlan Ellison) and I think Babylon 5 is the most brilliant television show ever created. I stopped drinking 7 years ago and stopped smoking several months ago. I guess this means I'm no fun anymore. I'm a 9/11 Survivor and a political leftist (No, I'm not looking for the Revolution...just equality and justice for all). I'm working on my first novel and hope to have it published before I die, LOL. I am a freelance writer and stay at home dad; I'm also pretty ill so I try and write as much as I can when I feel as good as I am able. I have been blown away by Progressive Rock ever since I first heard "Trilogy" by ELP at the tender age of 12.

There...that's my miserable existence

Gosh, that's so poignant.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I am slowly coming back to life...I'm sure that some of you will be thrilled by the this revelation...

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    I am slowly coming back to life...I'm sure that some of you will be thrilled by the this revelation...
    BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!

Yes old friend, I too am slowly coming back to life. Hell, I'm even writing a book and want to publish it. I'm sick of this working 5 days a week bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Gosh, that's so poignant.

Miss ya, Ken.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by roddenberry View Post
    Robert from http://www.4runescapegold.com/
    http://www.runescapewalmart.com/
    http://www.mmotank.com/
    ProgMontreal.com reporting!
    Same nickname, same detestable old prog fart.

Robert
    I love Beer, Whiskey, Soccer & Music. 。。。

I am Kim Sajn and i am not an alchoholic (though i may play one on TV).
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

The rumors of my death have been only slightly exaggerated
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I pop in now and again, though I post in only a handful of threads. I rarely listen to prog anymore so the bulk of the conversation that takes place on this board rates very high on my Don't-Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I'm Walt.I want a pony.
    Last edited by walt; 08-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

you want a pony, then you shall HAVE a pony, my friend
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Hello. Brand new here (yay, fresh meat!)... I have an older sibling to thank for introducing me to Genesis & Peter Gabriel when I was still a carpet crawler. My first Genesis concert was 'Three Sides Live' @ the Greek Theater & my first PG concert was the 'Security' Tour at the same venue. I'm open to all sorts of music though I do have my faves... I suppose I'm a classic prog at heart but that's only because outside of Porcupine Tree I don't really know who the new good prog bands are right now. Guess I need to hop on the Pandora bandwagon to catch up...

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Welcome to the PE nest ExcellentBird! As you fly around the place, take note of the many threads that offer recommendations on both the current Prog scene as well as Prog Days Gone By. There's much great music out there in the land of Prog Rock.

Thanks, Don! And it's totally OK to call me EB for short. I know how names with multi-syllables can be a bear to type. ^^

Welcome aboard, ExcellentBird!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Same here, EB; have fun.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

This bird gives a warm welcome to the new bird as well.

Never really introduced myself when I joined a couple months ago and just stumbled on this thread so...Hello PE!

A little background...before discovering prog I grew up in the 60's as a Beatles/Stones fan then fell in love with Black Sabbath in '73. I eventually got into prog about a year later when I was wandering a record store and saw the cover of Brain Salad Surgery. One thing lead to another and in a year I was a total prog maniac. My 1st prog concert was Yes (with Moraz) & Gentle Giant in '76, then saw Tull the next few years, Genesis on the W&W tour, ELP on the Works tour, Yes a few more times, etc...One of my fave shows was seeing Peter Hammill on the Room Temperature Live tour at this club in SF. I'm a huge fan of 70's King Crimson (yes, I did buy "The Road to Red"!) though I never got to see them live, I did meet Robert Fripp when he brought his Frippertronics tour to my local Tower Records in 1978. From '77 to '80 I played bass in some SF bay area prog bands then got tired of the whole band drama thing, got a reel-to-reel and started playing all the instruments and recording my own stuff. Released 25 albums between 1987 and 2011 as "Mutiny in Jonestown" but my newest one man band project is a band called "WytchCrypt" which is a mix of 2 of my favourite things, doom metal and mellotron...I've got my 1st few songs up on youtube so just search for "WytchCrypt" if you're curious.

Besides King Crimson, VDGG and the usual suspects my favourite prog subgenre is 70's/80's French bands like Ange, Mona Lisa, Pulsar, Atoll, Memoriance, Carpe Diem, Terpandre, Shylock, etc...well that's about it. Spent a few months on another well known prog forum but didn't much like the intolerance and constant bickering of many members so here I am!
    Last edited by WytchCrypt; 03-20-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Hey, welcome WytchCrypt! Sounds like you'll fit in here at PE just fine.

Enjoy your stay.

From another "Cascadian".

i am cats on glue. you can call me el gatto.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Hey, welcome WytchCrypt! Sounds like you'll fit in here at PE just fine.

Enjoy your stay.

From another "Cascadian".
    Thanks Don. At 1st I thought "Cascadian" was a Magma term then it hit me what you meant :-)
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WytchCrypt View Post
    Thanks Don. At 1st I thought "Cascadian" was a Magma term then it hit me what you meant :-)
    Ah yes, as some can likely attest to, occasionally my posts can be a little, shall we say...cryptic