Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Forward and Identify Yourself

Will Renfro here...the artist formerly known on PE as INKENSTEIN...then Superfly...then Captain Geech...now back to Superfly.
    Last edited by Superfly; 04-04-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Hi, I'm Adrian. I was Adrian on the old site. That way, anyone who blocked me there can just as easily block me here.

Adrian is my real name, and you're not the first person to make a "Yo, Adrian" joke. My last name is really Rush. It's just a happy coincidence that I'm also a Rush fan. And since you asked, I can take or leave Limbaugh, and I'm not usually in a hurry.

Just your typical agnostic vegetarian libertarian, enjoying being a stay-at-home (and work-at-home) dad. I earn my keep as a freelance editor. Happy to entertain editing projects, but my primary client keeps me employed virtually full-time, so between that and caring for my 15-month-old daughter, I have almost no time to take in extra work anymore.

Lover of almost all kinds of music, though '70s-style symphonic prog is where it's really at for me.

Michigan native. Lived in metro D.C. for seven years, and I've been in the Pacific Northwest for a couple of years now. Thinking of one day going expat.

Also a fan of just about anything involving a football or a puck. Been following Notre Dame and the Packers for most of my life. I love both the NFL and the CFL, for completely different reasons. Longtime Red Wings fan. Never easy finding rugby union, Aussie rules, or Gaelic football matches to watch in the USA, but I love to catch them when I can.

PE member since 2006.

i am here and i'm still yogibear. of course yogibear is a name that not everyone is familiar with so i chose it since it sort of sets me within a certain time period. I love music , i still purchase music by the droves and i have a case of unopened canterbury prog in the basement fermenting. wonderful new house but where the old one was unique this new house seems cut out of the same cloth as all the other comment boards .

There is not a welcoming title/home page with the featured album of the day popping up with the album art, to find that takes some time/clicks whatever , i know i'm not going to use that feature much. so i know after getting used to things it will be the same wonderful place the old house was since the residents make the house right?

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    the residents make the house right?
    So true! I haven't had a lot of time to play around here, but I feel like I'm getting settled in to the new digs now. The only things I really miss are the Featured Album welcoming me in (like Yogi said) and the spinning globe.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Rickawakeman here, the member formerly known as Rick (don't how how that one got snatched up so quickly). Here since '05, still a denizen of Western Mass. (Northampton). Still heavily into classic and modern symph, an unflinching fan of that most amligned of symphonic subgenres--neo-prog. Still singing Bass with Mak'hela, the Jewish Chorus of Western Massachusetts. Still x) (wonder if this emoticon works here...)

Tim here. Chicago born. Now live in a magical place called Lynnwood, WA...fast food and strip mall capital of Washington State.

monika here, same profile name I used in pe2. Living in Munich for more than 7 years now (can't believe). Joined PE in summer of 2004 after my first NEARfest, during my two-years-stay in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    Tim here. Chicago born. Now live in a magical place called Lynnwood, WA...fast food and strip mall capital of Washington State.
    He’s not kidding. Google Maps street view of the location you get when you search Lynnwood, WA.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"That's my purse! I don't know you!" --Bobby Hill

N.P.:“Mekanik Machine”-Magma/Simples

I am the infamous (a 16-year-old) which then became 17, 18, and 19. I am now 19, but yeah. Prog rock is the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Ha! I can vouch for it firsthand. We looked at houses up that way before settling on Renton. A little too sterile for our liking. To make sweeping generalizations, the south side (where we are) is working class, the north side is middle to upper middle class, and the east side is where the Republicans drive their BMWs.

The old "Mister Bee" here, I was able to use my real name now... and the avatar IS me.
    Looking forward to covering any Nektar threads (hint... type a band name into "search")
    and keeping up with the other gossip... even tho' there seems to be far more gossip than news (or info) over here... where opinions are like... well, the usual opinionated PE members.... with many more dismissable threads to plow through... and too few members to compensate.

^ I am guilty of being opinionated, but I honestly cannot think of a better site for news and I tend to visit a few these days.
    Member since Wednesday 09.09.09

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Still x) (wonder if this emoticon works here...)
    'Fraid not.

Just another case of class discrimination.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Seems okay to me...
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post

Seems okay to me...
    That'll teach me to assume that Rick knew what he was talking about. Guess I haven't used it yet.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I go to Lynnwood occasionally.

I'm Joe Fischer and I live 10 minutes south of Lynnwood in Bothell.

Been on PE since around '09.

Never!!!!!

Oooh sorry. That's always my first reaction when asked to identify myself. Must have been my POW training. No really, I had that.........

I'm John. Musicholic and I still listen to lots of vinyl. And my young daughters know how to handle vinyl. And my 3 dogs appreciate vinyl. Occasionally I have to separate them when they get into a heated debate on the merits of CD to vinyl. And the fish just don't care. And I have a coffee mug.....with a handle, although that's probably assumed when I said mug. That pretty much sums up life.

I am Brian, host of a weekly radio show featuring international (world) music. Many thanks to all here who contribute to the community.
    Put me down for a heavily hopped IPA from my local Brew Pub.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Ha! I can vouch for it firsthand. We looked at houses up that way before settling on Renton. A little too sterile for our liking. To make sweeping generalizations, the south side (where we are) is working class, the north side is middle to upper middle class, and the east side is where the Republicans drive their BMWs.
    People in Seattle like to make fun of Lynnwood. I used to make fun of people living in Seattle, but stopped. Too many easy targets, just like shooting fish in a barrel!
    If any Seattelites say anything these days, I just say "Mayor McSchwinn."

"Mayor McSchwinn."

I am Bill, aka willyswing, & I'm reluctantly here (don't like the new forum, but what can you do?). Been with PE since 1999 (Yahoo days).

Chip here....... occassional visitor to the PE1 site.......newly signed on to the PE2 site........much more user friendly here.

It will be a pleasure to meet you all I'm sure. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by chipperoo View Post
    Chip here....... occassional visitor to the PE1 site.......newly signed on to the PE2 site........much more user friendly here.

It will be a pleasure to meet you all I'm sure. Peace!
    I'm so glad you're here! I've missed you since I left the other place.
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

Quote Originally Posted by East New York View Post
    I'm so glad you're here! I've missed you since I left the other place.
    Missed you too Sis........and Matt. Things just weren't the same without your rapier wit!

The other place is dying a slow, sad death, and unfortunately I don't Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by chipperoo View Post
    Missed you too Sis........and Matt. Things just weren't the same without your rapier wit!

The other place is dying a slow, sad death, and unfortunately I don't Facebook.
    You'll love it here; there are so many nice people. Perhaps some of the folks from the other place would enjoy PE, too!
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal