Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Forward and Identify Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by proggrl View Post
    GREAT sig, Scott!!
    Thank you!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I am forever ForeverAutumn. Here, there, and everywhere...

My real moniker is Esther, but I hate it. I hail from the Great White North.

Greetings,

I used to be Alan, but that handle was no longer available when I tried to register this morning. It's probably clearer this way anyway--however I take no responsibility at all for the new Alan here.

Cheers,

Alan

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I am forever ForeverAutumn. Here, there, and everywhere.
    Familiar format eh, FA?
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Familiar format eh, FA?
    It's the same...but different.

Chris , guitarist and member of prog-fusion band Helmet of Gnats.

I've been a PE member since 2002.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Now that I'm a prog civilian, I have changed my screen name from nearfest2 to Coldfire Nexus.
    Chad

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Mpoll here. My name's Mike, and I'm a former 'lurker' and more recent PE V2.0 member. I'm just glad I was able to successfully make the transition to 'here' so I can continue to learn from the rest of the PE'ers. Now, how do I avoid screwing this up before I hit post............
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

Hey folks I'm John*... the same guy who posted at the old site, only better.

*Insert "New and Improved!" burst by name.

Quote Originally Posted by proggrl View Post
    WOW! I grew up right around there (Easthampton). Spend MUCH time in Noho. LOVE IT. I too miss New England sometimes. Sometimes.
    OMG, I miss it ALL the time! I lived in E'ton, too; right on Northampton Street. I was a Paul and Elizabeth's chef for ten years, and after work, I'd often go to Beyond Words to curl up in a corner and read...or, if the day was particularly long and hectic, you could find me in Packard's or Ye Ol' Watering Hole.

We must know each other, somehow...we must!
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

I was "float_your_climb."

Quote Originally Posted by Pam George View Post
    I was "float_your_climb."
    To some of us, you still are. ::::smushes Pam::::
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. - A. M. Beal

The name is Mark. An infrequent poster on PE2.0.
    This place is a font of knowledge as far as the music I like goes.
    And as far as that goes, music I didn't know I would like until I heard about it here.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I am Mikhael. I was Mikhael, and will continue to be Mikhael.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

I'm Ben, long time lurker, infrequent poster. Liking what I see of this new habitat. Bummed that my son and his fiancee selected ROSfest weekend to get married, without even consulting me!

Take a guess.

A prize for the first person to identify me.

The ol' Mister Bee here, 'cept I grabbed my first name first... (sorry to all the other Micks).
    Thanks for not spinning the planet, it's letting some of us older citizens climb aboard here.
    Hi everyone........OK... NOW you can spin it.

I'm Michael, called progfellow on the old site for 12 years now. It was such a generic name, but in some ways it's sad to say goodbye to the old name (as boring as it was).
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Take a guess.

A prize for the first person to identify me.
    Marla Christenson?
    Gordon Tanner?
    Billy Sherwood?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Marla Christenson?
    Gordon Tanner?
    Billy Sherwood?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Progdad here ....cause I'm an old family man.
    True name David. A collector of music.
    From Texas to Pennsylvania. Been to all RoSfests and a number of other festivals.

I am Ribo. I have a hairy upper lip, a music fetish, and I drink Foster's from an oil can. A real oil can.

Its me, Mohadev! I rarely post, but I'm around...

Hi! Glad to see so many familiar faceses, precioussss. Dan'l reporting in.

I am Arkangel3. My real name is Ken Walsh; my pseudonym for my writing is K. Austin Walsh (so as not to get confused with Pulitzer Prize winning writer Ken Walsh. He's too good a writer to be saddled with my stuff ) I play keyboards and a bit of drums. I have been playing keyboards since I was 5 and I play entirely by ear. I also can sing (and since quitting smoking my voice is coming back with a fury. Must be having a little less lung! It's nice to hit notes that I haven't hit in years again!) I am married almost 20 years; I have two girls 15 and 11 who are just as good looking and smart as their parents, LOL. I love Science Fiction literature (my favorite writer of all time is Harlan Ellison) and I think Babylon 5 is the most brilliant television show ever created. I stopped drinking 7 years ago and stopped smoking several months ago. I guess this means I'm no fun anymore. I'm a 9/11 Survivor and a political leftist (No, I'm not looking for the Revolution...just equality and justice for all). I'm working on my first novel and hope to have it published before I die, LOL. I am a freelance writer and stay at home dad; I'm also pretty ill so I try and write as much as I can when I feel as good as I am able. I have been blown away by Progressive Rock ever since I first heard "Trilogy" by ELP at the tender age of 12.

There...that's my miserable existence
    "So...you seek understanding. Then listen to the music and not the song..." - Kosh