Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fish Reissue Plans and some Feast Updates

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    I can't imagine any of these selling well enough as a financial incentive. I'm guessing these are legacy releases and won't be reissued again. This is probably it.

Is 13th Star a part of this or is that the cutoff point?
    You may be right - I haven't seen them for sale anywhere other than his own site, whereas the last reissues were sold by Snapper so presumably had better distribution (and even then). I've mentioned on his facebook page that I wish he'd offer more concert recordings for download - it seems to me that's a pretty cheap way to bring in more cash, but he's been very slow in adding downloads. He's always worked hard at it yet never been a great businessman. But I guess he's a difficult product to market.

Yeah, I think Field of Crows, which is supposed to be next, is the latest album that will get the treatment.

Do these have lyrics too?
    I think it would be stupid to have Deluxe versions with no lyrics. Also what is the update on the first three Studio albums will they be Deluxe also. I'm going to check out his Facebook to see if there's any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    Do these have lyrics too?
    I think it would be stupid to have Deluxe versions with no lyrics. Also what is the update on the first three Studio albums will they be Deluxe also. I'm going to check out his Facebook to see if there's any updates.
    Yes, they include printed lyrics. And yes, Mark Wilkinson has told me the next would be the first three albums as well as Songs From the Mirror. No dates or anything yet, but they seem to be fitting them in as they can.

So the albums that will be in this series will be the first 8 studio albums?
    13th Star will not be reissued?
    And obviously A Feast of Consequences doesn't need to be.

The reason I ask, is because I am planning to order the four already released and the DVD version of 13th Star and Deluxe edition of A Feast of Consequences.
    I don't want to buy the 13th Star dvd version if they are going to reissue it
    " My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers... that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her. "

http://thefairlysecretarmy.bandcamp.com/

http://wavesofmercury.bandcamp.com/

No, 13th Star is not being reissued.

The deluxe editions are very nicely done, BTW. Well worth it if you'd like "definitive" editions. I say that regarding physical quality, notes, artwork, etc. I haven't done an A/B sound comparison, though they sound good to me. But I'm not an audio connoisseur so I can't really speak to that. I guess I should say if you want "deluxe" editions these are the ones to get!

Thank you for the info
    " My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers... that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her. "

I just ordered the deluxe versions Fellini Days, Sunsets of Empire, Raingods with Zippos, 13th Star & A Feast of Consequences!
    Also bought the Masques book too!

I've been in full Fish mode for a while, especially since I do a podcast called Shuffle Sounds. We choose an album, listen to it for two weeks and then discuss the band and the album track by track. Our next podcast (that should be up after May 27th) is Clutching At Straws.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1675556502722154/

There are links to the shows on the facebook page. We've done Iggy Pop, Bowie, Midlake, Sly and the Family Stone and a few others so far.
    We're planning on getting the shows on itunes, but have not yet. But you can listen streamed podcast or download from the links on the audio archives site. Here is the Bowie podcast for "Blackstar" https://archive.org/details/ShuffleS...BowieBlackstar

Orcopian
    I picked up the raingods cd at the merch desk at fish's final gig of the tour at Bilston. It's a really nice package with some interesting versions of the plague of ghosts suite- a great studio instrumental run through with Steven Wilson on guitar, an early demo version by Tony Turell and a really powerful live version with great vocals. The actual studio cd has always been a bit of a mixed bag but the extras are well worth buying it for. As usual some excellent sleeve notes by fish which has you might expect set out all the problems and challenges in producing the album. It's not all doom though as the description of the original writing sessions are funny and interesting.

I think I may get sunsets on empires as well, but I'm not sure about Fellini days, I have always stuggled to get into that album.
    L

I felt the same about Jethro Tull "warchild" & "too old..."
    But once I got the deluxe editions of those they were very enjoyable and I understood the idea behind the album, which made it a lot better of a listen

Bookmarking for later reference.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Slightly off-topic, an emotionally charged footage from 1st May 2016, Bilston, England; this was the final date of Farewell to Childhood Tour.

^^ Wow, so could be Fish's last show? He might still be doing conventions or something though.

Yesterday he posted that he is done writing the field of crows liner notes for the new remix and remaster

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    Slightly off-topic, an emotionally charged footage from 1st May 2016, Bilston, England; this was the final date of Farewell to Childhood Tour.

I'm going to grab Milan '87 off of the shelf again in attempt to forget what I just saw.

At least we have the memories and the recordings....

Banned
    Another nice vid from 2016

Orcopian
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post

I was at this gig and it was an amazing, emotional night, I've never seen the Robin so packed, the gig sold out in barely a week as I recall. I wasn't his final gig, it was billed as a farewell to the misplaced childhood gigs but it certainly had the air of a closing chapter. I believe he has played some festivals in Europe over the summer. During the encore Fish's long serving road manager Yatta came on stage as it was to be his last gig, so I guess for Fish it will be a big challenge to put together another tour with someone new.

Is the movable feast box set a previous release or odd out all new?
    "A Feast of Consequences" -- it was a new studio album. Strangely enough, the jury's still out on it for me -- I'm way behind in my listening, and I need to give it more listens. Some of it I definitely like. The limited edition is very nice.

There is a new live 4 disc set called "movable feast"
    It says it was remastered for some reason but I don't remember it ever coming out. it's live recordings from 2013 through 2015.

It says it was remastered for some reason but I don't remember it ever coming out. it's live recordings from 2013 through 2015.
    Wow, thanks a lot for mentioning this! Very typical of Fish to add merchandise to the shop and not let people know, unless it was buried in one of his emails about his health issues, etc. He really needs to broadcast this kind of info clearly.

Anyway, ordered!!

Here's the page with the tracklisting for Moveable Feast - is it a combination of live and studio tracks? Hard to tell. Weird:

http://fishheads.club/2016/11/16/3058/

Thanks for the link. That info is helpful.
    Did you also see that Field of crows remaster 3cd set is available too?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Strangely enough, the jury's still out on it for me
    That is strange. I was blown away first listen, and just this past week did a listen thru of all ten albums and determined at the end the Feast might very well be his best, most completely satisfying work.

Give it another listen and tell me if it's growing on you more.

Thanks for the link. That info is helpful.
    Did you also see that Field of crows remaster 3cd set is available too?
    I did - I ordered that too!

RE: Feast of Consequences, I definitely like some of the album. Some parts of the epic track I'm not certain, and a couple of the shorter songs I'm not familiar enough with. I haven't really given it the time it deserves.

Ordered Moveable Feast 4 cd set and Field of Crows for myself...with a free shirt.
    And Field of Crows and Fellini Days ...with free shirt for my friend.
    That way shipping only cost us each $10

Very excited to hear & wear them

I need this.....like now!