Thread: Kishi Bashi

Kishi Bashi

I like the song that is part of the Windows 8 commercial, as it reminds me of The Kinks late 60s sound. Anyway, I decided to find out who it is, and a bit of Googling solved the mystery quickly.

Does anyone know if this song is representative of his work? Anyone up on this guy?

Here's the track:

Checked out more on youtube. Pretty good stuff, imo.

Kishi Bshi

Oh yeah! Kishi Bashi is awesome. There are a LOT of videos out there, and NPR All Songs Considered host Bob Boilen listed Kishi Bashi as his favorite new artist of 2012. He used to front the great Brooklyn Band Jupiter One (where we first got to know him), then went on to play violin in Regina Spektor's band, as well as with Sondre Lerche, and in of Montreal (where he also co-wrote some of the songs on the new album.) He's selling out venues all over the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgqAmZHkkTg

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I like the song that is part of the Windows 8 commercial, as it reminds me of The Kinks late 60s sound. Anyway, I decided to find out who it is, and a bit of Googling solved the mystery quickly.

Does anyone know if this song is representative of his work? Anyone up on this guy?

Here's the track: