Thread: Syd Arthur signs with Harvest, new video

Syd Arthur signs with Harvest, new video

I just got the latest Syd Arthur newsletter. Included is news that their debut (and only) album On An On is being reissued by Harvest in the US (it was never given a US release). Harvest will also be handling their upcoming 2nd album to be released in 2014 (one I'm eagerly looking forward to).

The band also had a new video shot for "Ode to Summer":

This sounds like a good move for the band, and I now have a release I'm excited to hear in 2014!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Good band! Any new music coming?

Banned
    Is this the band with the Canterbury influence?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    A new Canterbury band signed to Harvest - it's the 1970s again!

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Is this the band with the Canterbury influence?
    I'd say it's there. Check their vids. It's really good stuff.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Harvest records is still going? I know theres been archival releases, but new bands?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    Harvest records is still going? I know theres been archival releases, but new bands?
    I know they were out of commission for a while but I thought I had heard that they had been resurrected and were basically set up as a subsidiary of one of the bigger labels.

Ah, Wikipedia to the rescue (please donate!):

Much of Harvest's European back catalogue (including Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Duran Duran, and Iron Maiden) was divested by Universal after its takeover of EMI, as part of the Parlophone Label Group. Warner Music Group would buy the catalogue in February 2013.

Capitol Music Group announced its relaunch of the label on 25 February 2013, with former Warner Bros. Records and Dangerbird Records executive Piero Giramonti at the helm. Giramonti is tasked with running the label as an independent label, with the support of Capitol Music Group and Caroline Distribution for distribution, radio promotion and licensing. As of 2013, the Harvest roster consists of Arthur Beatrice, Banks, Death Grips, The Olms, together PANGEA , White Lies and Young & Sick.
    Add Syd Arthur to that list.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.