Thread: Does Paatos still exist?

Does Paatos still exist?

Just as their latest album "V" was released in the fall of 2012, lead singer Petronella Nettermalm's sister sadly passed away. At that point the band cancelled their November 2012 tour, and the band disappeared. Their web site has not been updated since that tragic news happened, nor can I find anything else new about the band. I really like their first two albums a lot, and the last album too. Petronella's voice is hypnotic and her husband Huxflux Nettermalm is a fantastic drummer in league with the school of Bruford/Harrison IMO. Anyone have any clues to their status?
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

No idea.... If it's the kind of event where there were nieces or nephews involved, an aunt (Petronella) might just feel a motherly insticnt...

To be honest, I lost interest right after Kallocain... Even that album had only the opening track that was interesting... At best they'd become soporific by SOAK. However Timeloss is absolutely delightful... I still have the japan Mini-Lp ... as well as the Japan Mini-Lp of the live Sensors , which is rather pleasant as well.

I'll give both a listen in nthe next few days, though.
    Last edited by Trane; 12-08-2013 at 02:29 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

To be honest, I lost interest right after Kallocain...

I mostly agree with you. When guitarist Reine Fiske left the band after "Timeloss," the band got less and less interesting, and the songs began to lean more and more towards pop. However I believe Fiske's influence was still strong on "Kallocain," that along with the Steven Wilson production which still made this album a winner IMO. The last album, 2012's "V" has only four new songs, the others are new acoustic versions of older songs. Not anywhere near as good as "Timeloss," however IMO it is better than their albums that came after "Kallocain."
    Last edited by AncientChord; 12-07-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    They played Spain in June. They're taking a rest. Hux is on tour with another band in December.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    They played Spain in June. They're taking a rest. Hux is on tour with another band in December.
    Thanks. Glad to see they are still together. Who is the other band that Hux is touring with, and do they have music to investigate?

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    A (one man) band called Dregen.
    http://www.dregen.se/

DR3G3N - VOX / GUITAR
    HUX NETTERMALM - DRUMS
    MARTIN TRONSSON - BASS
    MICHEL SANTUNIONE - GUITAR

Here's Hux playing with them. Not my cuppa...:
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    A (one man) band called Dregen.
    http://www.dregen.se/

DR3G3N - VOX / GUITAR
    HUX NETTERMALM - DRUMS
    MARTIN TRONSSON - BASS
    MICHEL SANTUNIONE - GUITAR

Here's Hux playing with them. Not my cuppa...:
    Not my spot of tea either. Hux has digressed. He's capable of so much more than this standard, and to me, boring hard rock. Hope he puts the P, as in Prog, back into his playing with Paatos in the future!

Listened to the last one in my local record store and seemed to me like a generic indie album. I lost interest on them after "Silence of Another Kind".
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I actually think the band had great potential as a "generic indie band" . I certainly think they could have moved over from purely a "prog" fanbase, thats not to say a purely "prog" fanbase is a bad thing at all but I felt they maybe wouldnt appeal to some Prog fans anymore, but would appeal to the BBC6 music audience.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I can't think of anything less interesting sounding than "generic indie bands."