Thread: Old Friends Work in CA thought you might like

Old Friends Work in CA thought you might like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mov1LaQnnAM

Frank Briggs.... Here's some music from a killer drummer who is now living in CA. I knew him from a band I respect a great deal from my area. 805

They are no more...sadly... but wow what a fun band... covers of Genesis, King Crimson, UK, Gentle Giant and others back in the late 70's - thru the 80's Bassist was one of the early masters of "The Stick" and the first to tour around for Graham Chapman as a sales promotor for him. Keyboardist was genius... whole band had the best talent to be found. Its a sad testiment to the music industry and the Justin Beaver/ Lady Gaga of the day that destroyed talented bands on their way up back then.. They did not fail.... the music industry abandoned a lot of us/them.... they went for the fast buck, the false hype and fast easy money from the "sheep mentality" within the teenage market... They did not want to keep progressive bands unless they had a super name as sales we're getting tough... No guts...No vision. No concern for music.. Just money... And in my opinion .. for what little its worth... The music Industry has excellent musicians.. but the marketing and management is filled with Lazy, Greedy, Unimaginative, and worthless agents who cant see anything farther than 1 hour ahead. Some things never change.

The recorded sales are gone and now that the internet makes it possible to get things for free.... Music is always going to suffer until this new phenomenon is under better control.

If you see a Prog band trying to make it... Go buy a ticket... If you see a tribute to the Genre like ours will be soon.... come see us... help us keep this music alive...

Best musicians I ever met. And from my area of Central NY. This sample is from his first album is called "China Ranch" love the name...

Keep rockin Frank...!
    Randy
    Last edited by Classic Progressive; 12-06-2013 at 07:42 PM.

China Ranch is a very good cd.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!