Thread: LISTEN to Cuneiform Records' Year In Review Playlist: 2013!

LISTEN to Cuneiform Records' Year In Review Playlist: 2013!

Cuneiform released a staggering total of 17 albums of high-quality cutting-edge music in 2013. Some of them are jazz – but they go beyond jazz's typical boundaries, pushing into genres far beyond. Some are rock – but they've likewise burst beyond traditional borders, infusing classical, electronic and/or noise elements into their sound and staking claim to unchartered grounds. We invite you to listen!

Our 2013 releases include albums of new music, as well as rare, historical/ archival recordings. The artists come from around the world, and include some of jazz and rock's fastest-rising stars as well as some of the jazz and rock world's most revered, established icons (Robert Wyatt, John Surman, Richard Pinhas-Heldon). Some artists are new to the label, while others have worked with Cuneiform since its early years.

THANKS to all of YOU for your support during this extremely exciting and busy year.

We look forward to bringing you more music in 2014 – Cuneiform's 30th anniversary year!

The playlist includes music from:
    Chrome Hoof, The Claudia Quintet, Miriodor, Pixel,
    Tatvamasi, Robert Wyatt, Zevious, Blue Cranes, Mats & Morgan Band // Morgan Ĺgren - Mats Öberg, Richard Pinhas, Săo Paulo Underground, S.O.S., Guapo, Curtis Hasselbring, The Kandinsky Effect, Rob Mazurek Octet & Dylan Ryan / Sand
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Greetings & happy Chanukkah, Steve.

Will most certainly be expanding my musical universe over the holidays thanks to the link. If you get an order from me, you'll know what resonated.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thanks for the good wishes and good cheer, Steve!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It's all good
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Steve, your the needle in a haystack.

Keep up the good work!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I have 3 or 4 of these already and more are on my radar. Looking forward to 2014 as well (especially Happy Family). Congrats on the 30 year anniversary, Steve.

Thanks for the link, I haven't heard much of this and I enjoy Cuneiform.