Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-What Prog you looking forward to?

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Any reliable source for that ???
    I strongly doubt that the band will have an album out in 2014. The last one took 7 years and was released only last year.
    This maybe?:

On Monday, May 27, 2013 echolyn released the last two B-side singles from the "echolyn, 2012" writing sessions. The newest two songs "Crows Fly By" and "Another Stone" are now both available as streaming single tracks and digital downloads @ bandcamp.com (see link below).

Many thanks to all those who have already supported and discovered these additional tracks of music that never made it to the latest studio ("echolyn, 2012") album, released last June, 2012.

All of these B-side tracks definitely deserve to see the light of day so thanks in advance for the open ears ~ you will hear what we mean when you visit the link below!

...and now, onto writing the next new album...BRING IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post

...and now, onto writing the next new album...BRING IT!
    Yes, AFAIK this is the only info we have about a new Echolyn album in the works. And it doesn't mean it will be released in 2014, far from it!
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'm not looking forward to the new Transsexathletic, so I'll pass on it.
    I could make the same comment about the bizarro bands on your list, but I wont. Actually, other than Anekdoten, I've never heard of any of those groups. The thing is, this is supposed to be a positive thread, no reason to crap on groups you don't like. Just tell us what you are looking forward to an leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Also, besides the many mentioned, I greatly anticipate the new Advent.
    Really looking forward to this!

And new GH, definitely!

Yes, AFAIK this is the only info we have about a new Echolyn album in the works. And it doesn't mean it will be released in 2014, far from it!
    Very true. They were actively writing the Window Pane album for a good 5 years, it's not like they took off 6 years and they headed to a studio. It will be a while for anything new, though I'm sure whatever they come up with, if they do make another will be of high quality. I never did get those two tracks, are they still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I could make the same comment about the bizarro bands on your list, but I wont. Actually, other than Anekdoten, I've never heard of any of those groups. The thing is, this is supposed to be a positive thread, no reason to crap on groups you don't like. Just tell us what you are looking forward to an leave it at that.
    Scrotum Scissor lists bands that are so obscure i dont even think they exist?
    I have You-Tubed & found one or two & after listening to them they need to remain OBSCURE & not even for the ears of a progressive rock forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    hey! that's the name of the online Catholic encyclopedia!
    They named it after a prog band, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    I'm in for the Cirrus Bay too!
    I just love reading stuff like this!

What PERFECT world are you living in?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Dungen
    Good news. Loved their last one, especially the instrumentals.

Dungen--- very cool.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    You haven't heard of Kavus Torabi? He's Guapo's guitarist, is the main man in Knifeworld and played in the Cardiacs. He's a lovely fellow and posts here.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

They are currently recording material for the next album (vids can be found on their Facebook page). And, per discussions on their Yahoo group, they are planning on touring next summer/fall with Francis Dunnery, and I believe they are hoping to have the album ready by then.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I'm looking forward to Bruford deciding to come out of retirement, and then Fripp coming up with some lowercased-roman-numeral crap in his diary that justifies some kind of a Quadruple Trio concept.

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    They are currently recording material for the next album (vids can be found on their Facebook page). And, per discussions on their Yahoo group, they are planning on touring next summer/fall with Francis Dunnery, and I believe they are hoping to have the album ready by then.
    Nice.

Mastodon!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I'm looking forward to Bruford deciding to come out of retirement, and then Fripp coming up with some lowercased-roman-numeral crap in his diary that justifies some kind of a Quadruple Trio concept.
    I would hope that Bill Bruford would hook up with the Anderson, Wakeman, and Rabin project(if that ever gets off the ground).

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    You haven't heard of Kavus Torabi? He's Guapo's guitarist, is the main man in Knifeworld and played in the Cardiacs. He's a lovely fellow and posts here.
    Knifeworld has a new video on youtube, "Don't Land On Me". It's a cool thing to check out. I hope they come out with an album soon. Just found out about Cirrus Bay here last night. Checked them out on youtube, and love what I heard.

Jon Neudorf
    Roger Waters, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Aether
    Ain Soph
    more goodies for my growing list!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Many already mentioned especially Univers Zero, Happy Family, Anekdoten. Also, not mentioned yet, Hamill and Lucas and new and remastered Illuvatar on 10T.
    Last edited by LighthouseKeeper; 12-06-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: correcting auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    What PERFECT world are you living in?!
    PE is all about debate and even criticism, depending on the thread that is. Not in a thread like this. There is a time and place for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Nope, though I do know Guapo because of Nearfest. I wasn't actually commenting on those bands, so maybe I shouldn't have used the term "bizarro bands". No, it's the fact that Mr. Scissors (polite way of saying his disgusting name) decided to take a pot shot of a band he dislikes. Not the thread for that. I realize his whole point of being on PE is to piss people off. I piss people off too, but it's not my intent.

Nope, though I do know Guapo because of Nearfest. I wasn't actually commenting on those bands, so maybe I shouldn't have used the term "bizarro bands". No, it's the fact that Mr. Scissors (polite way of saying his disgusting name) decided to take a pot shot of a band he dislikes. Not the thread for that. I realize his whole point of being on PE is to piss people off. I piss people off too, but it's not my intent.
    i like how you consistently have the answers and protocol for everything here.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    And you really have an issue with the word Scrotum? It makes me smile all the time and could have been much much worse.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.