Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Obnoxious musicians you've met?

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    If I had a band, I would wish for Peter Grant to be my manager.
    Yep, being a colossal dick was his job. Get the band paid. In those days you about had to be a mobster to get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Yep, being a colossal dick was his job. Get the band paid. In those days you about had to be a mobster to get anything done.
    He was a piece of shit thug. A human waste product.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    He was a piece of shit thug. A human waste product.
    Yeah, but he was their POS thug and human waste product.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    If I had a band, I would wish for Peter Grant to be my manager.
    Of course he would. Birds of a feather ..........

" So, Glamour Shots is 'legendary rocknroll' ? "

ohhh aren't we cool. glad you could find something to try to bring the man down. i guess thats to be expected. all musicians could learn from the class lemmy has displayed in his career. show me another living legend who was more in touch with his fans. save the work, you wont. anyway have your fun prog nerds, for your taste in prog makes you better than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    have your fun prog nerds, for your taste in prog makes you better than the rest.
    Finally, an intelligent post!

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

" So, Glamour Shots is 'legendary rocknroll' ? "
    ohhh aren't we cool. glad you could find something to try to bring the man down.
    He's got a sense of humor, and that photo is proof. You'd need to have a head the size of Axl Rose's, or to be a straight-up hard-sell pop star like Justy Beebs, or to be so desperate for success you'd lost all sense of perspective, to not think getting a photo like that of yourself was funny. None of which I think Lemmy could be accused of.

spot on baribrotzer. lemmy is the most unphoney person in the music business. severly refreshing. the music world would be a lot more interesting if all were as candid, humble and honest as him

and hes a monster on bass. haha

I met Lemmy decades ago in Montreal on a very early MH tour. We had a smoke and shots of Jack together - superb fellow.

they say he's never said no to a fan. not just at meet and gret bullshit. he takes upa spot at a local bar to drink his jack andd coke by himself - the same bar for years and years. the staff there say they never ever saw him refuse a pic or autograph. check out the movie lemmy on netflix. you will understand of what i speak, and why he is the king of all rockers and a true rock legend. i pity people who think they arre to cool to appreciate what this guy is as a man and rock star,.

ohhh aren't we cool. glad you could find something to try to bring the man down. i guess thats to be expected. all musicians could learn from the class lemmy has displayed in his career. show me another living legend who was more in touch with his fans. save the work, you wont. anyway have your fun prog nerds, for your taste in prog makes you better than the rest.
    Glad to see you brought your sense of humor today

well if it was ment in joking, then please accept my apology. i didn't think your original post indicated joking.

well if it was ment in joking, then please accept my apology. i didn't think your original post indicated joking.
    It was no disrespect to Lemmy, but it was Glamour Shots....I'd almost wager that hes probably thought - at least once - "I'm gonna get shit for those pics one day"

He is a great guy, but this is truly a "facepalm" moment

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Including beating a man nearly to death, apparently.