Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Currently listening to the best American...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    *TheatER
    whatever........

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    Dream Theatre are Berkeley Grads.....Berkley doesn't count as US - Berkley is "we are SO awesome that we deem Berkley as its own country"

Just sayin.........
    Berklee. Specifically, Berklee School of Music, in Boston.

Not "Berkeley", as in UC Berkeley, in the California city of the same name located in the Bay Area. Or "Berkley".

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Berklee. Specifically, Berklee School of Music, in Boston.

Not "Berkeley", as in UC Berkeley, in the California city of the same name located in the Bay Area. Or "Berkley".
    whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Remember, Peter never heard Revolver until the 1990s and STILL hasn't heard SPLHCB. If he's ignorant of the motherf**cking BEATLES fer christakes gawd only knows what else he's never heard of. I have decided to take all of his recommendations with this in mind.
    True. I can see the discussion now, "Well, you see The Muffins, Happy The Man and Djam Karet aren't big over here...".

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    Pink Floyd is NOT prog!
    They're better than prog!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    They're Ultra-Prog!!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    True. I can see the discussion now, "Well, you see The Muffins, Happy The Man and Djam Karet aren't big over here...".
    Except Peter was claiming DT was the best American prog, which is where The Muffins, Happy The Man and Djam Karet are from. So, if they're less well-known in Europe it really doesn't bear on this conversation, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    One in which you're very, very much alone. General consensus is that WDaDU is by far their worst album.
    I dunno about "by far", because there are SO MANY other worthy contenders...

"I dunno about "by far", because there are SO MANY other worthy contenders... "

aint that the truth. lol too many great american prog albums to throw dt anywhere in the mixture.

Except Peter was claiming DT was the best American prog, which is where The Muffins, Happy The Man and Djam Karet are from. So, if they're less well-known in Europe it really doesn't bear on this conversation, does it?
    Yeah, but his commentaries about stuff seemed to be based on what was "big" in the UK at whichever given time, eg "Oh, Skid Row couldn't have been that big because they weren't popular in the UK" or "I don't think I've ever heard the Quiet Riot version of Cum On Feel The Noize, therefore it couldn't have been that big a hit", as if the UK is the center of the universe and everything that happens outside of that little group of islands is inconsequential.

To be fair, though, the very same logic is used by Americans who, refer to Thin Lizzy, Dexy's Midnight Runners and ABC as "one hit wonders".

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    as if the UK is the center of the universe and everything that happens outside of that little group of islands is inconsequential.
    Which clearly it is, so what exactly is your point?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I sometimes think per capita that must be true. Every 3rd Brit is a famous musician.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Which clearly it is, so what exactly is your point?
    I thought France was the center of the universe. Or was it Memphis? Yes, definitely Memphis, with France being the "other" center of the universe.

I sometimes think per capita that must be true. Every 3rd Brit is a famous musician.
    Except for the ones who are actors, music critics, chat show hosts and/or presenters of...whatever the frell it is that Top Gear is supposed to be.

whatever the frell it is that Top Gear is supposed to be.
    Humour -- with a 'u'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    "I dunno about "by far", because there are SO MANY other worthy contenders... "

aint that the truth. lol too many great american prog albums to throw dt anywhere in the mixture.
    You missed that one by a mile. I was referring that there were so many worthy contenders for worst dt album...

I'm just amazed that you Americans have heard of these places OUTSIDE America!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Humour -- with a 'u'.
    I think you completely missed the point of the comment, mate.

So we're agreed that Memphis is the center of the universe, then?
    One corner of it.

"You missed that one by a mile. I was referring that there were so many worthy contenders for worst dt album... "

lol flew over me head. lol very funny