Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush... to film Phoenix/Dallas for DVD

Rush... to film Phoenix/Dallas for DVD

no surprise here..... Rush is going to film their shows in Phoenix (set A) & Dallas (Set B) for an upcoming CD/DVD set to be released May 2013 to coincide with their Euro tour.

I'll have to wear something nice for the camera

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wait, I haven't bought the Time Machine DVD yet!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wait, I haven't bought the Time Machine DVD yet!
    Buy both at once and have a day-long Rushfest!

another Rush dvd set? Had to figure on it I guess. release new studio material and I'll be interested.

Rick

I was supposed to go to the show in PHX . . .
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

This is why I haven't been to a Rush concert since Moving Pictures (my friend and fellow college radio station manager managed to secure all areas access passes for us. Never met the band though because he got ill during the show.) I watched from stage left...what a great perspective for a show! I'm more than happy they release a tour video for every tour they've done in recent years. It's always the best seat in the house
    "So...you seek understanding. Then listen to the music and not the song..." - Kosh

Surprise, surprise. Another Rush tour, another DVD. Which is just fine by me. They're a great live band and the DVD's showcase just that. And I'll be especially interested in this one, what with all the Power Windows material on it. A mere 26 years after the fact. An inspired choice if you ask me... .

Peace,
    Alex

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    another Rush dvd set? Had to figure on it I guess. release new studio material and I'll be interested.

Rick
    they did- "Clockwork Angels"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel3 View Post
    This is why I haven't been to a Rush concert since Moving Pictures (my friend and fellow college radio station manager managed to secure all areas access passes for us. Never met the band though because he got ill during the show.) I watched from stage left...what a great perspective for a show! I'm more than happy they release a tour video for every tour they've done in recent years. It's always the best seat in the house
    seriously? You would prefer to watch a DVD than actually go see the band live in concert?

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I was supposed to go to the show in PHX . . .
    ... and Polmico's loss is my gain
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    ... and Polmico's loss is my gain
    Enjoy the show!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    they did- "Clockwork mutha-fuckin' Angels"
    Fixed.

I read on the RushisaBand.com forum about the plan to film Phoenix and I felt sort of bummed at first. But then I remembered that bands usually play pretty conservatively at shows that are being filmed or recorded. They are more relaxed, spontaneous and energetic when the tape and cameras aren't rolling, so I'm glad I saw the San Jose show instead. But there's something to be said for watching and going "There -- that's me!"

Considering I am quite ill, I have to pick and choose venues carefully. I cannot stand for a long time, so no seats no show for me. That's rule one. Rule two is where I'll be located; decent seats and I'm there. Bad seats and I wait for the DVD or Blu Ray. I REALLY wanted to see Yes w Jon Davison, but the seats weren't the best (at all), so hopefully they release a new album/Blu Ray. Third is size of venue. I cannot deal with a lot of people as I have PTSD. So unless the stars are aligned just right, these days I will elect for the DVD or Blu Ray. I don't like it one bit, but those are the cards I've been dealt. Gotta love with them.

Yeah, I wanted to go see them in Chicago, but decent tickets were like $150 apiece. I could have gotten nosebleed seats for cheaper, but I've already seen them several times from nosebleeds. I wanna upgrade, ya know? But I do want to see this tour with the new material and the string section, though, so I'll happily pick this DVD up soon after it becomes available. I'm also hoping for a second North American leg.
    flute juice

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    seriously? You would prefer to watch a DVD than actually go see the band live in concert?
    seriously? and not put up with concert dickheads? you betcha!
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    seriously? and not put up with concert dickheads? you betcha!
    That would be my FOURTH criterion
    "So...you seek understanding. Then listen to the music and not the song..." - Kosh

The last few times I went to big arena concerts, the band members were like little toy soldiers and I could only see anything meaningful on the big jumbotron screens behind them. If I'm going to see a band on a screen, I can do it in the comfort of my own home.

(Though Rush at the Gorge in Washington was quite stunning... dry ice and wind mix very well to create atmosphere.)

Got all the rush dvd's i need !

Cool ... it'll be nice to have a document of my first Rush tour.

Banned
    Is this from the tour with the orchestras that the band was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Is this from the tour with the orchestras that the band was talking about?
    Yep! These dates are from the most recent leg of the current Clockwork Angels tour, and will likely be released sometime next year, just as Rush is finishing up the tour with another leg of NA tour dates in the summer!

-Marc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Letter M View Post
    Yep! These dates are from the most recent leg of the current Clockwork Angels tour, and will likely be released sometime next year, just as Rush is finishing up the tour with another leg of NA tour dates in the summer!

-Marc.
    Sweet!! So, their classics like Tom Sawyer and Closer To The Heart get an orchestral makeover?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Sweet!! So, their classics like Tom Sawyer and Closer To The Heart get an orchestral makeover?
    no, the orchestra was only for when they did "Clockwork Angels", the album, and then one or two songs after that- I know "YYZ" was one of them, I forget what the other one(s) were.

Banned
    no, the orchestra was only for when they did "Clockwork Angels", the album, and then one or two songs after that- I know "YYZ" was one of them, I forget what the other one(s) were.
    Damn it!! I thought I read somewhere that Rush was touring with an orchestra, and that many songs would receive a makeover. I guess I'll pass on this release, then.