Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Musicians you have met

Jefferson James
    Ok, I'm kidding about John Deacon; his reclusiveness is legendary, I use him as an example of something nearly impossible ie. "Me playing bass with Paul McCartney? I have a better chance of meeting John Deacon."

I've never met anyone hugely famous but I did touch Pat Smear's fine, fine ass once (in a club).

Of the ridiculously amazing musician/composers I've met, Mike Keneally is certainly one of the coolest and approachable and just downright accommodating. Saw him and his band (Bryan Beller, Joe Travers and Rick Musallem) last weekend and, goddamn, they smoked the joint.

Just remembered I met Brian Wilson once; it was around 1996 if memory serves. He played a little benefit show in Topanga Canyon; after the show he was standing alone onstage looking rather confused; I seized the opportunity and went onstage and said, "Dude, thank you for such incredible music." (I know -- how original.) He got weird (or, rather, weirder) and replied, quickly, "Thanks man, I'm working on the music, man, working on the music every day."

Edit: Almost as weird (and a great vocalist), I've met Progeezer a couple-few times. Very approachable but do NOT ask him what he thinks of Leslie West (Leslie Hunt is fine).

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Ok, I'm kidding about John Deacon; his reclusiveness is legendary, I use him as an example of something nearly impossible ie. "Me playing bass with Paul McCartney? I have a better chance of meeting John Deacon."
    You bastard, I was about to post an Ali G "Respect" for you *lol*

Oh - I just remembered I met Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova when I was going for my Green Card - my last initial is close to Paulina's so we were on the same line for the same thing - at first they were a bit baffled by my Glasgow accent - but then I freaked them both out by switching to Czech - the benefits of a Scottish education. They were very cool.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Wynton Marsalis (biggest I met and very friendly and approachable).
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I have meat with many musician.Actually i do like hip hop beats song.so Specially i like a lot to meed with them whose are directly related with hip hop music.......I have teemed with...........
    akhon
    james
    broad
    tomes

Hip hop beats
    exclusive beats for sale

these people are musicians?

Musicians you have met

Quote Originally Posted by shomanca View Post
    these people are musicians?
    Yes they are and very much popular...... I do love Hip hop beats music,And all of them are Hip hop boss......

rapbeats
    exclusive beats for sale

I mean, really... can these people be considered as musicians?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Oh - I just remembered I met Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova when I was going for my Green Card - my last initial is close to Paulina's so we were on the same line for the same thing - at first they were a bit baffled by my Glasgow accent - but then I freaked them both out by switching to Czech - the benefits of a Scottish education. They were very cool.
    Their kid went to my son's old school, so she used to help sell stuff at the Fall fair there. Art Garfunkle's kid went there too. Also Don Imus' son, who my son was friends with. Weird to bring your kid to Don Imus' apartment for a play date.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wilcox, you have to tell us about the Kate Bush meeting. Too cool.

Cab Calloway is pretty cool too!
    Back in 1985, Kate took a boat over to the US to do a small set of interviews for Hounds Of Love. I got an hour of her time. We got the interview done in a bit over 30 minutes then chatted & hung out for the rest. Kate offered me tea, but I politely declined. Before I left she gave me a red rose, her personal manager's phone # & asked me to stay in touch, which we did for several years. I had a photo taken of us together & mailed it off to Kate to sign, which she most graciously did, including a sweet note on pale blue stationary with "Kate Bush" on top. I found her very thoughtful, funny & sweet.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    Back in 1985, Kate took a boat over to the US to do a small set of interviews for Hounds Of Love. I got an hour of her time. We got the interview done in a bit over 30 minutes then chatted & hung out for the rest. Kate offered me tea, but I politely declined. Before I left she gave me a red rose, her personal manager's phone # & asked me to stay in touch, which we did for several years. I had a photo taken of us together & mailed it off to Kate to sign, which she most graciously did, including a sweet note on pale blue stationary with "Kate Bush" on top. I found her very thoughtful, funny & sweet.
    I would have taken the tea!

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Sean Tonar
    The guy from the PROG magazine centerfold? /swoon....
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

In my time, I have met the following musicians:

In Person:
    Edwin McCain, Craig Phelps- Edwin McCain Band
    Mark Bryan- Hootie and the Blowfish
    Cowboy Mouth- Rock band from New Orleans
    Adrian Belew- King Crimson
    Star FK Radium- Baroque Rock band from Washington D.C.
    Paul D'Adamo- Dallas Texas Musician who has worked with touring members of Genesis and Phil Collins band
    Greg Blachman- Local Cincinnati musician with influences from Dream Theater
    Tracy Byrd- Country Music star
    Trace Adkins- Country Music star

Phone Interviews with:
    Jon Anderson- Yes
    Annie Haslam- Renaissance
    Ceiling Unlimited- Progressive Rock group from New York
    Novus Rex- Progressive Rock group from Denver, Colorado
    Leon Alvarado- Progressive Rock musician and Graphic Artist who has worked with mostly everyone in the business from Gabriel to Tull
    Last edited by 2ndsout; 12-22-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Bryan B.
    Host, "The Aisle of Plenty"
    The Best in Progressive Rock from the past 40 years
    Saturdays, 6AM-8AM Eastern
    classxradio.com

Encore Broadcasts
    Fridays 4PM-6PM Eastern, DeliciousAgony.com
    Saturdays 8PM-10PM Eastern, CrossStreetRadio.com