Thread: MST3K free Turkey Day streaming

MST3K free Turkey Day streaming

I only saw a little of this but I really hope Shout Factory makes this an annual tradition.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“Circus”-Hoelderlin/Clowns & Clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I only saw a little of this but I really hope Shout Factory makes this an annual tradition.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“Circus”-Hoelderlin/Clowns & Clouds
    Ditto. My wife and I both love the show. I set up the ipad for her in the kitchen so she could watch it while she cooked up some food to bring to the T-Giving family get-together later in the day. I just kept hearing her laughs emanating from the kitchen, great stuff! I watched it on the computer in our home office (going back and forth between MST3K and the horrible morning NFL game; being a Packers fan, I ended up drifting away from the game and more toward the MST3K stream). It was good to see Joel again and I thought it was cool that he picked three of his movies, and three Mike movies. He even gave Mike a couple of great shout-outs (saying how he really enjoyed the Mike episodes because he hadn't seen many of them, and therefore didn't know what the jokes would be... and also because Mike did a brilliant job).

Definitely hope they do this again!!!

I watched the first three and man, it was so great to be back among old friends again. I remember that around the time Batman Forever was in theaters, Mike fondly wished someone would have the stones to give them big box office movies to riff on.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I watched the first three and man, it was so great to be back among old friends again. I remember that around the time Batman Forever was in theaters, Mike fondly wished someone would have the stones to give them big box office movies to riff on.
    Rifftrax, bay-bee!

Yeah, I didn't catch them all, but some of the later movies. I didn't catch what the titles were. I tried to track down what was showing, and found these titles, but I don't know if this is correct: Space Mutiny, I Accuse My Parents, Werewolf, Cave Dwellers, Final Sacrifice, and Mitchell. Do you feel these are some of their best shows?

Those are good ones, also Manos: Hands of Fate, Starcrash, Pod People , Red Zone Cuba and Robot Monster are faves.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Those are good ones, also Manos: Hands of Fate, Starcrash, Pod People , Red Zone Cuba and Robot Monster are faves.
    I’m pretty sure they never did Starcrash. I would have remembered if they did!

Manos and Pod People are definite classics. Red Zone Cuba was one of those films that was so miserable, not even their riffing could save it. I’d say the same about Monster A-Go-Go, which is still among my Bottom 5 Worst Films of All-Time, but the short is a classic and the host-segments are among their best ever. The Something Weird DVD is also essential for the second feature, Psyched by the 4-D Witch, an incomprehensible psychedelic soft-core mess that was edited down for an R-rating, and is so inept it’s hilarious!

Other faves that weren’t mentioned*:

• Robot Holocaust (The first of their really good episodes. From the first Comedy Channel season I’d probably also recommend Women of the Prehistoric Planet, as that’s where “Hi-keeba!” comes from)
    • Catalina Caper
    • Time of the Apes (they really hate the Sandy Frank imports, but I find they make for some of their funniest riffing)
    • Viking Women vs. the Sea Serpent (the “waffle” episode!)
    • War of the Colossal Beast (if only for the short, “Mr. B Natural”)
    • The Day the Earth Froze (really, all of the Russian fantasy films they did. But start here)
    • Alien From L.A.
    • Santa Claus (way more fun than SC Conquers the Martians, with or without riffing!)
    • Puma Man (next to Space Mutiny and Jack Frost, my fave from the Sci-Fi era)
    • Girl in Gold Boots

*I can’t even remember which one The Final Sacrifice was.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I’m pretty sure they never did Starcrash. I would have remembered if they did!
    Gah, you're right. I'm confusing it with something and my brain is too tired to remember what.

Space Mutiny! That's the one. My bad.

Which is the one where there's a guy who looks vaguely like Prince in the movie and every time he pops up on the screen the bots start singing Prince songs? And it gets funnier every time they do it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Which is the one where there's a guy who looks vaguely like Prince in the movie and every time he pops up on the screen the bots start singing Prince songs? And it gets funnier every time they do it.
    Prince Of Space maybe??

"Agent From H.A.R.M." The actor in question was Rafael Campos.

"He maintains an appliance. BA-DA-DA-DA!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    "Agent From H.A.R.M." The actor in question was Rafael Campos.
    Thanks. I took that and found this clip: