Thread: Bad Sneakers Orchestra @ 27 Live in Evanston, IL 11/29/13

Bad Sneakers Orchestra @ 27 Live in Evanston, IL 11/29/13

As you probably guessed from the band's name, it's a Steely Dan tribute band. I'm not an official member, but this will be the 5th time I've played with them, so I suppose I'm at least an honorary member. It's a 14 piece band (bass, drums, 2 guitars, 2 keyboards, 4 horns and 4 singers) that plays faithful renditions of the real thing. The bandleader calls it a "Steely Dan appreciation society," which is his way of saying that it's a labor of love, since we don't make a lot of money doing this. But it's a whole lot of fun!

Anyway, 27 Live is a relatively new venue in Evanston. I've never been, but I hear it's pretty nice with a good PA system. 27 Live is at 1012 Church Street; doors open at 7 PM and the music starts at 8 PM. Apparently there's a restaurant in a separate room from the music room. Cover charge is $12 if you buy tickets in advance, $15 at the door. I think that's slightly pricey for a local band, but apparently the band has to pay the soundman and the doorman. And it's a fraction of the cost of an actual Steely Dan show!

If you're a SD fan, you're bound to enjoy, so come by if you can!

Sounds sweet! Break a leg!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Hey Ernie, I'll definitely try to be there! I got asked to work for 27 Live!