Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VdGG U.S. television debut!!

...40 years later.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    ...40 years later.
    Better late...

Rats! Blocked here at work. I can't wait to hear this, particularly the second track (no spoilers, I guess).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Anyone in the NY metro area know if this aired or is going to?

Excellent! I loved seeing this band when they were in NYC and got to my Jim aka Bucka001 as well, a very cool brother, sadly we didn't talk more.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Very nice show, very well done, could have been another 30 minutes longer.
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 12-01-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Now available for everyone to see @ http://whyy.org/cms/oncanvas/

Great stuff. I especially like the end of the program where Hammill describes the long friendship between the three, and how baiting each other goes with the territory!

"Flight" sounded a little sloppy. I guess that happens with VdGG. Still, a pleasure to listen to.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    "Flight" sounded a little sloppy. I guess that happens with VdGG.
    Yeah, they're known for "chaos" in their live performances, but it seems that there's a bit more chaos now that they're in their 60's than there ever was when they were in their 20's... at least, a certain type of chaos (i.e. screwing up certain sections!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucka001 View Post
    Yeah, they're known for "chaos" in their live performances, but it seems that there's a bit more chaos now that they're in their 60's than there ever was when they were in their 20's... at least, a certain type of chaos (i.e. screwing up certain sections!)
    Yes I noticed the fluffed piano on Flight, but more inexcusable is Hammill's guitar playing on Lemmings -he always screws it up even though he's played it loads of times. If he finds it so difficult to get the notes right, why don't they just drop this song. I have fond memories of the original but I hate the live version as it sets my teeth on edge!

I couldn't make it to any show on this last tour (I did see NYC the year before), and so I was glad to see this. I don't feel so bad about missing them now. It's their band and their show and they can do what they want, but it would be fine with me at this point if they'd just drop all the pre-Present material. That the 21st century version(s) of the band can do it is documented in multiple versions on record and video, and I'm frankly tired of hearing the same old 30+ year old songs again and again. I play their new songs when I want to hear the band, and strictly as a fan, I wish they'd do the same.

Space Cadet
    Hey, that is me! Right in front of Peter. Great show. Wish more of this stuff would be so well captured and shown.