Thread: Prog in the jungle

Prog in the jungle

I've just noticed that the new series of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here (UK TV show) has Steve Davis and Matthew Wright in it. Steve's love of prog is well documented, but I've just read that Matthew Wright is a fan of Cardiacs, Hawkwind & Genesis. It can only be a matter of time before they start getting their prog on out there in the jungle.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Met Steve at the SZ and RIO festivals this summer, lovely chap.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Is Steve Davis the famous snooker player, who also happens to be a huge fan of Magma?

Matthew Wright's a big Zappa fan too. And yep, that's the snooker playing Magma loving Steve

Matt.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's funny that there's a well-known snooker player. To me that seems like if there was a well-known Foosball player.

Who's Matthew Wright?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's funny that there's a well-known snooker player. To me that seems like if there was a well-known Foosball player.

Who's Matthew Wright?
    Matthew is a British TV Presenter.

Ah the American view of how sports work in the rest of the the world surfaces again. So you have a reference point think Ten Pin Bowling & Pool, both US sports that are essentially leisure activities but have fully professional leagues with TV coverage. Snooker is a huge TV sport in the UK & Steve is a genuine celebrity.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Damn! I was hoping this would be about an upcoming outdoor prog festival in the tropics, not “reality” TV BS.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Parece cosa de maligno. Los pianos no estallan por casualidad." --Gabriel Garcia Marquez

N.P.:“Cirrus”-Kit Watkins/Azure

Doesn't everyone in America aspire to have their own reality TV show, even some Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Well, practically no one outside the US knows any of the starplayers of the NFL, NHL or NBA where as someone like Lionel Messi or Christiano Ronaldo is a household name pretty anywhere except North America.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Is Steve Davis the famous snooker player, who also happens to be a huge fan of Magma?
    Yes