Thread: John Lees' BJH: British tour, album

John Lees' BJH: British tour, album

Anyone seen them/going to see them on their current British tour (with support from Giltrap and O. Wakeman)? Anyone heard the new album, North?

Yes, I saw them at Islington - great but not quite as good as when I saw them for the first time a year ago (probably because they did not have quite so much time). North is good but not great. First track is horribly American-AOR , but it does pick up after that. Definitely worth paying the little bit extra to get the bonus live disc. Gordon Giltrap was very proficient but looked a bit as if he was going through the motions, but there were great contributions from Oliver. I wasn't sufficiently impressed to buy their album.

I went to see them at Bilston.

I really enjoyed the whole gig by both bands.

The new music from JLBJH sounded quite good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Gordon Giltrap was very proficient but looked a bit as if he was going through the motions, but there were great contributions from Oliver.
    Agreed.

I thought JLBJH were quite good. New tracks sounded as good as the old ones. Curent band can play well. Never having seen any version of BJH before, I was surprised how John Lees stood to the side, with bassist Craig Fletcher doing most of the banter and quite a lot of the vocals. Has this developed over time, or has JL always been an introvert who just likes to concentrate on playing guitar when onstage?

John tends to like concentrating on his guitar playing, he likes singing too but tends to prefer to sing on the songs that require less complicated guitar playing. He is naturally quite a shy guy but a lovely genuine guy too, indeed they all are--although the other guys arent shy in any way!

Thanks Vicky. Has the tour been a success? Have the band enjoyed it?

Indeed it has been a real success --some very good audiences , no really lousy ones and the band have had a blast! Gordon Giltrap and Oliver Wakeman have loved it too.