Thread: Libra-Live?

Libra-Live?

Anybody aware of any audio or video of live performances from seventies Italian prog band Libra? (apart from the song Beyond The Fence on the debut album) They toured in Italy opening for Banco in the spring of '75, and then came to America, where they toured with some pretty high profile artists (Chicago, Frank Zappa, Steppenwolf, The Tubes)
    (very soon is 35 years since the death of band leader Federico D'Andrea)
    Last edited by presdoug; 11-17-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

“Beyond the Fence” is “live” in much the same way that McDonald’s is “food.” There may have been a germ of reality to it once upon a time, but it’s so heavily studio-sweetened it’s pretty far removed from “live.” Bar the Beatles maybe, no audience is that enthusiastic!

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“The Dog, The Dog, He’s at It Again”-Caravan/For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night

^yeah, you have a point there, the song's "audience" does sound sort of doctored.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

IIRC there was a clip of libra performing an acoustic song in one of those "ita 70s prog" videos around...will look after it

mmm i might have confused it with the ERA D'ACQUARIO clip. Sorry about that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Bar the Beatles maybe, no audience is that enthusiastic!
    IIRC, the entire "live" portion of New Trolls' Searching for a Land is fake, in that the "audience" basically consisted of overdubbings of members (and associates) making noise in tiny hall and the sound level manipulated to that fabricated end. If you go back and listen to it, the whole thing appears rather phony. I still like the studio bit, though.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM