Thread: Clepsydra To Release Limited Edition CD Box Set '3654 Days'

Clepsydra To Release Limited Edition CD Box Set '3654 Days'

For Immediate Release

Swiss Neo-Prog Band Clepsydra To Release Limited Edition CD Box Set
    '3654 Days'

Switzerland – Much to the excitement of prog fans worldwide, Swiss neo-prog ensemble Clepsydra will be releasing a limited edition box set containing the group's critically acclaimed albums 'Hologram', 'More Grains of Sand', 'Fears' and 'Alone'. To be released in January 2014 by Swiss label Galileo Records LTD, and distributed and marketed by Gonzo MultiMedia, the 4-CD box set titled '3654 Days' will contain all 4 albums meticulously remastered. Also added, an hour of additional unreleased and bonus material. This will include live recordings, demos, unreleased alternative mixes and unreleased alternative versions. A 12"x12" book with rare photos and the history of the band will also be included. The box set will be a limited run of 1000 copies and will contain a certificate of authenticity, hand signed by all the band members. The brilliant artwork is done by Mark Wilkinson, who is best known for his work with Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Marillion.

In regards to the title, bassist and founding member Andy Thommen explains, “The first album 'Hologram' was released in November 1991. 'Alone' was released in November 2001. There are 3654 days (10 years) between those releases.”

Clepsydra is a Swiss neo-progressive band that was formed in 1990 by Aluisio Maggini (vocals), Lele Hofmann (guitars), Philip Hubert (keyboards), Andy Thommen (bass) and Pietro Duca (drums).

In 1991 Clepsydra released their first album 'Hologram', which was followed by the EP 'Fly Man' in 1993. Clepsydra then signed to InsideOut, who released their second album 'More Grains of Sand' in 1994. This CD included the song “Moonshine on Heights”, which by many is regarded as neo-prog classic. 1994 also saw them performing two songs on national Swiss TV, a rare occurrence for a progressive rock band at that time.

Says Andy, “We had no idea that there was a progressive rock scene. In fact we never heard the expression progressive rock until about three months after the release of Hologram in 1991.”

In 1998 Clepsydra released their third album 'Fears', the first album with Marco Cerulli on guitar. In the wake of the album release Clepsydra had a 10 day long European tour and was booked for a concert in Canada on the strength of this production. In 2001 the band released 'Alone' with Nicola De Vita on bass. This album came with 3 different album covers: "The Chicken", "The Octopus" and "The Fish".

Following these four albums Clepsydra entered a state of hiatus. At this point they had established themselves as a popular entity among fans of neo-progressive rock, and they were often compared to the likes of Jadis, IQ and Fish-era Marillion. In 2013 Clepsydra announced they were reuniting, with Andy Thommen back on bass guitar and a reunion tour scheduled for 2014.

Says Andy about the reunion, “On Sunday June 23 we met and decided to go for the reunion. The day after we did one single post on facebook announcing the reunion, within 24 hours we had the first 3 concert offers!”

Clepsydra show dates:

Saturday April 5, 2014, Progdreams III, Zoetemeer, The Netherlands
    Friday May 2, 2014, ROSfest, Gettysburg, PA, US
    Friday June 20, 2014, PPR, Das Rind, Rüsselsheim, Germany
    Saturday July 26, 2014, Ecosmusicais, Paradise Garage, Lisbon, Portugal
    Saturday November 1, 2014, Prog En Beauce Edition II, Villemeux sur Eure, France
    Concerts in Poland and Switzerland will be announced soon.

A small detail of note in the band history is that renowned surrealist artist H. R. Giger, known for his concept art for the Hollywood blockbuster movie Alien and a number of album cover art productions for artists such as Deborah Harry, ELP and Celtic Frost, provided a holographed object for Clepsydra's debut album 'Hologram'.

In closing, Andy imparts, “We are so excited that after more than 12 years of inactivity we still get daily fan mail!”

Clepsydra's '3654' box set (GLR118BOXCD) will be released in January 2014, for pre-order information visit the band's website.

For more information:
    Web site: www.clepsydra.ch
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/clepsydra.ch

Anyone receive their copy yet?

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Yes I did. Yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    Yes I did. Yesterday.
    Nice to hear. I hope you're enjoying it. I trust my copy will arrive soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Nice to hear. I hope you're enjoying it. I trust my copy will arrive soon as well.
    I expect you should get it somewhere this week. It's a very nice box, a beautiful package. Mine was a little bit damaged, but I don't care (to quote Unitopia: "Nothing lasts forever). The remasters are from my first listens just splendid. Especially "Alone" benefits from the remasters. "Hologram" still sounds awfully dated.

1794512_619634011419932_1595568425_n.jpg

Getting nervous! I did not receive my shipping e-mail and can not get in touch with Gonzo through e-mails or phone!
    Probably the worst company I have ever dealt with!
    Please answer me Gonzo!!!

Anyone in the USA get theirs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Clepthema View Post
    Anyone in the USA get theirs yet?
    I'm in the Netherlands, and I have it since a week. But the conformating e-mail that they were going to send it was from february 10th.

So, I'd be worried, and I'd spam them to all eternity. There's are a couple of members of Clepsydra at Facebook, in case that might help.

Should be landing in the USA soon!!!

Jon, Clepthema?
    Did it show up yet?

Not yet here in NC.

I FINALLY got in touch with them!
    They said my copy shipped but allow 28 days to arrive.

The postman just placed it in my hands. Cheers!

The postman just placed it in my hands. Cheers!
    You suck! Enjoy! Hope mine is soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Clepthema View Post
    You suck!
    How did you know I was enjoying a lovely milkshake as I listened to CDs from the fantastic new boxset?
    I'm sure you'll have yours soon and feel it was worth the wait.

Jon,
    Can you tell me how big the "book" is? (how many pages)
    Thanks; here's hoping on Monday!

14 pages plus front and back covers. There are lots of pictures. About 1/3 contains text in fairly large font.

14 pages plus front and back covers. There are lots of pictures. About 1/3 contains text in fairly large font.
    Thank you!

YES!!! Received mine today! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL box & arrived in perfect condition (Thank God!)
    I am one happy "camper" today!