Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: JFK FYI

you have to have some to lose some, im pretty sure. im sorry if i offended, can we get back to your eye rolling now? i know that it makes you feel smarter to accent your points with a condesending icon, but ever think that you could be losing your credibility by talking down to people who you think are not as smart as you. almost as bad as calling somebodya retard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    btw, i think robert was killed because of the fear that he would pursue the conspiray. they weren't going to let that play out - the brother of the slain leader looking for revenge. look how the usa got fucked without vaseline when w decided to get revenge for the suppoesed hit on his daddy
    Now you're talking out of your ass.

its easily as believable as the lone crazy foreign sounding guy.

Banned
    its easily as believable as the lone crazy foreign sounding guy.

Mmmkaay, except that nobody believe's that but you. .

There's no doubt that RFK struggled with JFK's assassination, but he was, at the time, the 2nd most powerful man on the planet, and arguably much more intelligent than his older brother. Even with his weakened status post-JFK, he could've solved the whole goddamned thing in two weeks with the resources that he had if that's what he really wanted to do, and if it needed doing.

good point. though johnson hated bobby, so not sure how far he would have gotten, especially if johnson could be implicated in any way. and maybe for his own safety and that of his family bobby let it be at that time with the idea that revenge is a dish best served cold.

"Even with his weakened status post-JFK, he could've solved the whole goddamned thing in two weeks with the resources that he had if that's what he really wanted to do, and if it needed doing"

well if there was conspiracy here, do you really think it would have been that easy to go to a nation and expose a sinister plot within the govt? how far do you think johnson would let him get? people would just pass it off as a mourning brother lashing out anyway. i think bobby knew the truth but had to be very calculated about exposing it, for his own saftey. somebody just made sure that would never happen.

Banned
    well if there was conspiracy here, do you really think it would have been that easy to go to a nation and expose a sinister plot within the govt? how far do you think johnson would let him get? people would just pass it off as a mourning brother lashing out anyway. i think bobby knew the truth but had to be very calculated about exposing it, for his own saftey. somebody just made sure that would never happen.
    Your's is a very simplified supposition for such an extremely convoluted theory. But we'll never really know, will we?

hey im a simple man.
    fact is that things do go un-exposed all the time for national security reasons, correct? So what might the results be if the warren commssion found out for example that there was a conspiracy and it involved johnson? no way not in the height of the cold war. too much fear and perceived political instability etc.

Banned
    So what might the results be if the warren commssion found out for example that there was a conspiracy and it involved johnson?
    I don't believe LBJ to be an evil man who would conspire to murder his predecessor for his own gain or for what might have been his idea of the betterment of this country. The only problem I have with Johnson was the escalation of Vietnam and what it took away from the programs initiated under "Great Society". Johnson was closer to Lincoln than any other Democrat (or Republican) President in modern times.

Interesting some of the language I see used in this discussion. Check out this video from about the 42-minute mark:

<sig out of order>

that was interesting

highly recommend that whole video it's a real sincere effort.

Banned
    ^^^

Well, I did find that to be interesting. If nothing else it reveals Oswald to be far more intelligent than he's normally portrayed. It also didn't help that he had that "Goober Pyle" look about him.

theres always patches of dodgy info in these documenteries, but enough thought provoking stuff to make one wonder.