Thread: Phideaux - Oh where, oh where can he be?

Phideaux - Oh where, oh where can he be?

Anyone have any news about Infernal? We sure would love to spend a big chunk of winter break listening to it.

He's supposed to be in the UK this weekend. Hopefully I'll be along to see him on Sunday evening.

Been waiting patiently all year.

Half of the band did a performance in a small club here in L.A. in September, and they were wonderful! I met Phideaux and talked to him about Infernal. He didn't elaborate too much, but I sensed some frustration on his part about the project moving along slowly. If I remember correctly, the band also performed a new song to be on the album. He also said that the band is still in the studio recording for the album. Besides Infernal, he's still planning to release a live band album in the future. I know that he and his fellow band members all have lots of branding irons in the fire, so that's why it's taking so long IMO. Phideaux Xavier puts great efforts in his music productions, so be patient friends. I am certain and confident that when Infernal arrives, it will be another great album.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Half of the band did a performance in a small club here in L.A. in September, and they were wonderful...(snip)...the band also performed a new song to be on the album.
    Hey man, that was a great performance! If I recall correctly I believe the new song -- which kicked total, utter ass -- is called "Mr. Toad". Patiently awaiting "Infernal", Mr. X.

I've been listening to a ton of "Ghost Story" lately. A cracking good album that only grows richer with each listen.

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    He's supposed to be in the UK this weekend. Hopefully I'll be along to see him on Sunday evening.
    Where would that be?

The peel and somewhere up north if memory serves (not as far as Scotland though)

Phideaux is a task-master when it comes to his art and he is his greatest critic. Talking to him, he loves all the work he has created but isn't satisfied with it as it never reaches the potential he feels the songs have. Infernal will come out when he feels it is ready...not before. When he feels it is ready to leave the nest, we'll know.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    Hey man, that was a great performance!
    Couldn't agree more. Its always such a treat to see Phideaux perform live!

I was lucky enough to get a preview of a few bits from the upcoming album earlier this year and what I heard was nothing short of incredible!!