Thread: Steve Hackett news

Steve Hackett news

From an email newsletter I received from Steve Hackett today, most of which is about the Genesis Revisited Tour:

"I’ve already started a new solo album, and virtually three tracks in it promises to be both energetic and surprising. I’ll be working hard on it both before and after Christmas. I hope it’ll be released in autumn 2014..."

Good news, in my book. I've enjoyed the recent Genesis Revisited project a lot, but one of the reasons I've admired Steve Hackett for so long is his continuing dedication to making inventive and imaginative new music.

Wondering if this new work will feature his touring band?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Very interested. But my "auto-buy" pilot light burned out a while back...
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
    Good news, in my book. I've enjoyed the recent Genesis Revisited project a lot, but one of the reasons I've admired Steve Hackett for so long is his continuing dedication to making inventive and imaginative new music.
    Absolutely. I've been kinda depressed that the Genesis Revisited project has captured so much praise because Hackett has so much to give making new music. I'm still loving Beyond the Shrouded Horizon and Squackett.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

More Hackett? Good lord, he must be in a race with Roine of TFK. He used to be autobuy for me, too, but I have so many SH cd's and LP's already its crazy and all of his live releases and dvd's. But he is keeping "prog" alive and I give him cheers for that! I saw him here in Atlanta like 30 years ago on the "defector" tour. Superb gig!