Thread: Ray Wilson - Chasing Rainbows

Ray Wilson - Chasing Rainbows

My latest purchase. Just have to say I like it very very much. Knew he was with Genesis. I must admit never heard "Calling All Stations". But this album blew me away. What a great voice, great songs and what makes this album for me an album I want to hear it over and over again is the use of the saxophone. Just gives the songs something extra. But what a voice!

Yes, Ray is very talented. It's a bit of a shame that he has to rely a bit on his short time with Genesis as he has recorded some very good albums. He should be able to tour on those full time rather than the Genesis related shows that he does. I am happy as it probably helps him to continue to make Ray Wilson albums, but it still seems a bit unfair.

It's my favourite album of the year - full of beautifully crafted songs with neat arrangements.

I saw him in Poland earlier this year where he and his band did a DVD recording, largely of Genesis songs done acoustically (strings, grand piano, acoustic guitars). Based on that performance I bought the CD.